Our Academy is a collaborative arena for lifelong learning, helping to build critical capabilities for innovation and transformation. We are training the next generation of urban mobility practitioners, needed by the urban mobility ecosystem of the future. Within the Academy, there are three main areas: the Master School, the Doctoral Training Network and the Competence Hub.
In addition, the EIT Urban Mobility Academy is involved in a number of education initiatives in cooperation with the other EIT Knowledge Innovation Communities, EIT KICs, such as EIT Food, EIT Health, EIT Climate, etc. EIT Urban Mobility is part of the Strategic Education Cluster, in which EIT Urban Mobility works with other EIT KICs on the development of the EIT Virtual Campus. The EIT Virtual Campus aims at bringing the KICs’ professional education offer closer together to tackle the needs of modern economies and societies together.
One of EIT Urban Mobility’s main contributions to the Strategic Education Cluster will be managing the design, development, and testing of this brand-new EIT Virtual Campus. The long-term aspiration of the EIT Virtual Campus is to integrate all education offers across the eight KICs in one single portal, with a focus on professional education to begin with.
The Project Coordinator – Online Education will be a member of EIT Urban Mobility Academy, coordinating the development and integration of the Competence Hub’s online courses and learning content within the Virtual Campus.
Tasks will include:
- Supporting EIT Urban Mobility Academy’s work on the EIT Virtual Campus, alongside the Project Manager – Online Education Portal, in charge of the Virtual Campus and other team members when needed.
- Supporting the sourcing, selecting and managing external contractors to help us improve and further develop the EIT Virtual Campus.
- Supporting the development of the Academy Competence Hub’s online courses and WordPress LMS (hosting, security, add-ons) and their integration within the EIT Virtual Campus framework.
- Identifying the development of new features, activities, methods, etc., that can cross-fertilise existing and new Academy initiatives such as EIT Virtual Campus, the Urban Mobility Courses LMS, the UMX Channel, in lifelong learning. Ensuring that any relevant best-practice from the EIT Virtual Campus and similar EIT Community Education initiatives are properly leverages by the Academy Competence Hub and vice versa.
- Supporting the production of any kind of digital content (text, video, audio, interactive) and/or the improvement of the quality of our online courses from a UX/UI perspective, by providing technical guidance and ensuring that our quality standards and guidelines are followed during production and postproduction.
- Regular reporting on the progress of the activities, the fulfilment of the deadlines, the production of output, issuance of the deliverables and the consumption of resources.
IMPORTANT: This position is to work within the framework of the EIT Virtual Campus project, which has currently secured funding for 3 years, until end 2025 with plans of being further extended. It concerns a full-time permanent position.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 27 February 2023
Location: Barcelona, Spain