We are looking for talented and motivated lawyer who wants to practice law differently.
You will have the opportunity to advise and support projects that are funded to transform cities and urban areas into more liveable places.
EIT Urban Mobility is a private company operating in Europe that manages public and private funds. Therefore, our organisation has a mix of blended interests and challenges stemming from both public and private legal frameworks. We also want to play a role as impact investors, with the aim to be financially sustainable. Our team of lawyers is growing and is permanently working with thematic areas to support them with the conclusion of contracts (investment contracts, services agreements, grant agreements, etc.). We are looking for someone who has a good knowledge of the law and who is also able to understand our business activities.
The ideal candidate would also have a “constant improvement mindset” and thrives in finding ways to work more efficiently, and in developing new processes to help us manage our legal and technology workstreams.
You will have a keen commercial sense. Last (but certainly not least) you will enjoy working in a stimulating, diverse and intellectually challenging environment where multi-disciplinary collaboration is essential to completing projects and achieving results for our very international community.
Main roles of the Legal officer:
- Provide advise on, drafting and negotiating
- commercial contracts and agreements with clients, grantees, providers, suppliers, experts, partners, universities, cities and companies
- Investment contracts
- Provide responsive, pragmatic, solution-oriented counselling ensuring the strategic objectives of internal areas while protecting EIT Urban Mobility’s overall interests and reputation in accordance to ethical and legal standards in an anti-fraud culture
- Improve and review our templates. Very occasional English proofreading in case you are English speaking native
- Support EIT Urban Mobility’s management bodies, working groups and other local committees as required, providing clear advice and guidance and preparing minutes of them
- Monitor changes in EU legislation and any relevant applicable laws; analyse impact and propose solutions to the business
The Legal officer will be part of the Operations team, and will work with the Head of Legal, another Legal Officer and an extended legal team (outsourced) to support the following areas and their projects activities:
- Thematic Areas (Innovation, Factory, Communications, Academy, Business Creation and City Club
- Innovation Hubs (North, Central, South, West and East)
- Governing Boards of EIT UM (KIC LE, Foundation, Association, etc.)
- Operations team (Procurement, PMO, IT, HR, etc.)
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 14 October 2022
Location: Barcelona, Spain