Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
ABOUT THE EIT URBAN MOBILITY FOUNDATION
The EIT Urban Mobility Foundation is a non-profit organisation established and operated for the realisation of activities in the general interest.
Specifically, during its first year, the Foundation will focus on promoting education and training programmes for students and professionals active in the urban mobility sector and on dissemination activities related to its main objectives. The Foundation’s immediate priority activity is the organisation of activities related to the Master School. The Master School will initially offer postgraduate programmes on themes related to sustainable urban mobility, taught at different leading European universities. The financial operations of the Master School will be run by the Foundation.
About the EIT Urban Mobility Academy
Our Academy is a collaborative arena for lifelong learning, helping to build critical capabilities for innovation and transformation. We are training the next generation of urban mobility practitioners, needed by the urban mobility ecosystem of the future. Our programmes are intersectoral, interdisciplinary, international, and entrepreneurial.
We will close the urban mobility knowledge gap with challenge-based training using the latest education methodologies across disciplines and sectors. Our programmes meet a wide variety of needs, including master and doctoral level education. We also provide a diverse portfolio of courses for working professionals.
Our main vehicles are:
Our Master School offers a wide-ranging master’s degree in urban mobility and aims to train 500 graduates per year in partnership with a number of leading European universities. This EIT labelled challenge-based double degree programme (1st and 2nd year in a different university) includes extensive training in innovation and entrepreneurship. The Master School was launched in the autumn 2020 starting with 4 universities and 2 tracks. The Master School also includes summer schools held in several European cities addressing critical urban mobility challenges. In addition, a fellowship programme is planned to be launched, further increasing the expansion of the Master School.
Doctoral Training Network
This is an innovation and entrepreneurship programme for doctoral students, as well as a way of building networks. The aim is to train 50 graduates per year. This programme bridges research and innovation and was launched in 2020. It includes an annual doctoral forum to facilitate networking within the urban mobility research community and to reach out to cities and industry.
The Competence Hub offers intensive programmes on hot topics in urban mobility and transport to professionals from different sectors, such as project managers, engineers, city executives and entrepreneurs, co-created by our partners in various locations in Europe. This lifelong learning initiative uses a variety of formats including light online material in a web-TV channel, online courses, blended course formats, as well as more conventional face-to-face seminars. It aims to train 50,000 people per year and to reach a total of 500,000 people per year through its online offers.
Education Capacity Building
Along with the three main Academy segments, EIT Urban Mobility is involved in several transversal activities that span the interests of several of EIT’s Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs). These so-called CrossKIC projects aim at jointly driving strategic topics to promote European innovation while fostering collaboration and taking advantage of synergies within the EIT ecosystem. Within the Academy, we cover the capacity building projects in the field of education, including the Higher Education Institutions (HEI) initiative.
More information on Academy: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/academy/
Be part of a team where:
The Foundation Programmes Administrator will be working full time for the EIT Urban Mobility Foundation, initially on the education and training programmes but with the potential to work also on programmes and activities from other thematic areas in the Foundation.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing help desk support to students regarding student payments and invoices.
- Ensuring the finance team receives updated information on student tuition fees to be invoiced and that invoices are issued to students within the set deadlines.
- Monitoring student tuition fee payment and sending out reminders to students with payment due dates.
- Ensuring tuition fee receipts are issued and send them to students.
- Updating the student portal with tuition fee payment information, ensuring that student payments are recorded and accurate in the portal.
- Ensuring that student allowances are paid to students in line with their scholarship status and within the set deadlines. Updating the student portal with allowance payment information.
- Updating and maintaining payment policies and keeping a timeline of all student payments, per cohort and per year.
- Acting as the main contact point for the Master School Office and students for all student finance matters.
- Acting as the main contact point for all Foundation questions related to Academy, including contacts with other EIT Urban Mobility business units and with partners.
- Monitoring budgets, including spending and revenue.
- Providing overall administrative support to the Foundation activities related to the Academy, such as mail processing, procurement, organising meetings, preparing presentations and meeting related documents.
- Supporting the Student Entrepreneur Grant Scheme by drafting the student financial support agreements and keeping a record of funded projects and project deliverables, milestones and respective due dates. Liaising with the finance team to release student payments after deliverables are approved internally.
- Proposing and driving initiatives to improve the administrative operations of the Foundation related to the Academy.
- Helping with other regular and general administrative and operational tasks, as well as reporting to EIT.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices and lessons learnt.
- Professional certificate (bachelor’s degree) in administration, office management, communications, event management or equivalent training or working experience.
- Fluent in English (C1).
- Demonstrated experience (min. 3 years) in a similar role.
- Strong communication and administrative skills, including planning and execution of assigned tasks.
- Committed, proactive, accurate and respect of timelines and deadlines.
- Team player who can work independently.
- Prioritization and problem-solving skills to manage the (sometimes) conflicting interests, priorities, and expectations of different target groups.
- Strong IT and digital skills.
- Professional use of MS Office (Excel, Teams, SharePoint).
Nice to have:
- Any additional European language other than English C1.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Strike the right Work-life balance: On top of the flexible hours and remote working options and facilities, you will be granted 27 days of paid time-off to rest and re-energize.
- A yearly training catalogue to support your career development.
- A tax benefit powered by Cobee, allowing you to save up to 47% of your personal income tax.
- A Private health insurance.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
Kindly note that this is a permanent and full-time position, based in Barcelona.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in Spain;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
To apply for this position, please download the application template from EIT Urban Mobility’s website.
Complete all the elements of the application:
- Personal contact details.
- An essential criteria checklist.
- A Cover Letter demonstrating how you match the skills defined in the job description – examples should be given.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Save all the documents of your completed application in one single file in either PDF or Word format.
Follow the naming process detailed below:
|Name the file according to the model “EITUM_FirstName_LastName”. For example, Joanna Smith would name the file, EITUM_ Joanna_Smith”.
|The subject field should read “Foundation Programmes Administrator HR173-2023”.
|Send your completed application to: email@example.com.
Deadline for Applications: 18 August 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.