Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
About the EIT Urban Mobility Academy
Our Academy is a collaborative arena for lifelong learning, helping to build critical capabilities for innovation and transformation. We are training the next generation of urban mobility practitioners, needed by the urban mobility ecosystem of the future.
Our programmes are intersectoral, interdisciplinary, international, and entrepreneurial.
We will close the urban mobility knowledge gap with challenge-based training using the latest education methodologies across disciplines and sectors. Our programmes meet a wide variety of needs, including master and doctoral level education. We also provide a diverse portfolio of courses for working professionals. Our main vehicles are:
Our Master School offers a wide-ranging master’s degree in urban mobility and aims to train 500 graduates per year in partnership with a number of leading European universities. This EIT labelled challenge-based double degree programme (1st and 2nd year in a different university) includes extensive training in innovation and entrepreneurship. The Master School was launched in the autumn 2020 starting with 4 universities and 2 tracks. The Master School also includes summer schools held in several European cities addressing critical urban mobility challenges. In addition, a fellowship programme is planned to be launched, further increasing the expansion of the Master School.
Doctoral Training Network
This is an innovation and entrepreneurship programme for doctoral students, as well as a way of building networks. The aim is to train 50 graduates per year. This programme bridges research and innovation and was launched in 2020. It includes an annual doctoral forum to facilitate networking within the urban mobility research community and to reach out to cities and industry.
The Competence Hub offers intensive programmes on hot topics in urban mobility and transport to professionals from different sectors, such as project managers, engineers, city executives and entrepreneurs, co-created by our partners in various locations in Europe. This lifelong learning initiative uses a variety of formats including light online material in a web-TV channel, online courses, blended course formats, as well as more conventional face-to-face seminars. It aims to train 50,000 people per year and to reach a total of 500,000 people per year through its online offers.
Education Capacity Building
Along with the three main Academy segments, EIT Urban Mobility is involved in several transversal activities that span the interests of several of EIT’s Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs). These so-called CrossKIC projects aim at jointly driving strategic topics to promote European innovation while fostering collaboration and taking advantage of synergies within the EIT ecosystem. Within the Academy, we cover the capacity building projects in the field of education, including the Higher Education Institutions (HEI) initiative.
More information on Academy: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/academy/
Be part of a team where:
The Education Officer will report to the Academy Programme Manager and work in close cooperation with the Head of the Master School based at Ghent University and the Head of the Doctoral Training Network based at the Technical University of Munich.
The Education Officer will be required to develop effective working relationships with a variety of teams and departments across the different universities participating in our academic programmes to continually enhance existing programmes and academic delivery and support the planning and development of new programmes and formats, including the new Fellowship model. Our academic programmes are developed in line with the EIT Label quality framework and focus on innovation and entrepreneurship education and training (https://eit.europa.eu/our-activities/education/eit-label).
The job holder will also contribute to improve the student experience and provide administrative support to recently launched student programmes and initiatives such as the Student Entrepreneur Support and the Urban Mobility Consultancy.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the implementation of the new ‘Innovation and entrepreneurship Fellowship programme’, ensuring alignment with the approved EIT Label model.
- Supporting with defining the framework for a new innovation and entrepreneurship master programme and identifying the EIT internal processes required to implement it, including setting up and running open calls and calls for EIT Urban Mobility partners and assisting in consortia formation and project selection.
- Establishing effective relationships with current academic partners, closely working with them to achieve the objectives and strategy in all our academic programmes and initiatives. Identify potential new partners and support with initiating new business partnerships.
- Assisting the Master School Office and the Doctoral Training Network Office to deliver important student related events such as the kick-off, the annual forum, and the graduation ceremony.
- Proposing and driving initiatives to improve efficiency, scalability and student volume.
- Contributing to the successful implementation of the Student Entrepreneur Support and the Urban Mobility Consultancy, supporting with selecting the projects and drafting the contracts.
- Monitoring implementation in line with business plan, budgets and set targets.
- Providing regular monitoring and contributing to the regular EIT Label assessment reports.
- Providing regular reporting on the progress of the activities, the fulfilment of the deadlines, the production of output, issuance of the deliverables and the consumption of resources.
- Driving synergies between the different activities part of the academic programmes and initiatives portfolio.
- Ensuring optimal synergies between segments of the EIT Urban Mobility Academy, the rest of EIT Urban Mobility, and the EIT Community
- Supporting the Academy Programme Manager and the Academy Management Team with overall administrative tasks.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices and lessons learnt.
- Master’s degree in any relevant area, such as business administration, innovation and entrepreneurship, education, or equivalent training or working experience.
- 2+ years of working experience in academic degree programme coordination and/or development in a university or business school environment.
- 2+ years of working experience in coordinating international, multi-stakeholder projects, preferably in education, preferably at EU-level.
- Fluent in English (C1).
- Committed, proactive, accurate and respect of timelines and deadlines. Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Team player who can work independently and has an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong focus on deliverables.
- Prioritization and problem-solving skills to manage the (sometimes) conflicting interests, priorities, and expectations of different target groups.
- Strong IT and digital skills, as well as a professional use of MS Office (Excel, Teams, SharePoint).
- A strong international network within the education and academic arena.
Nice to have:
- Any additional European language other than English C1.
- Experience in working with academic degree programmes at Master and/or Doctorate level.
- Experience in developing new academic programmes and initiatives within a university.
- Experience in management and/or administrative tasks within a university.
- Knowledge and experience in a field related to urban mobility, such as urban affairs, urban or transport planning, etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Strike the right Work-life balance: On top of the flexible hours and remote working options and facilities, you will be granted 27 days of paid time-off to rest and re-energize.
- A yearly training catalogue to support your career development.
- A tax benefit powered by Cobee, allowing you to save up to 47% of your personal income tax.
- A Private health insurance.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona.
This is a permanent and full-time position, with possibility to homework up to 2 days a week.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in the country of the job location;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
To apply for this position, please download the application template from EIT Urban Mobility’s website.
Complete ALL the following elements of the application:
- Personal contact details.
- An essential criteria checklist.
- A Cover Letter demonstrating how you match the skills defined in the job description – examples should be given.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Save your completed application form in one single file in either PDF or Word format.
Follow the naming process detailed below:
|File name:||Name the file according to the model “first name_last name – EITUM_FirstName_LastName”. For example, Joanna Smith would name the file, EITUM_ Joanna_Smith.|
|Email title:||The subject field should read “Education Officer. HR176-2023”.|
|Send to:||Send your completed application to: email@example.com.|
Deadline for Applications: 29 August 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.
 Only qualifications issued by an EU Member State authorities and qualifications recognised as equivalent by the relevant EU Member State authorities will be accepted.