EIT Urban Mobility is seeking a City development and public funding officer to be working in the team of Innovation Hub South (IH South), based in Barcelona, Spain.
Activities of EIT Urban Mobility are carried out by partner institutions that are allocated to five Innovation Hubs. The objective of the Innovation Hubs is to create a vibrant innovation ecosystem, ensuring effective knowledge and activity management and prominent regional visibility. The Innovation Hubs coordinate local and regional activities of EIT Urban Mobility and the network with the core partners and other parties involved in their Innovation Hub region. The five Innovation Hubs work closely together to achieve the goals and mission of the EIT Urban Mobility.
The City development and public funding officer will support the Innovation Hub South Director in managing the partnership and reaching out to local innovation ecosystem with a focus on the engagement of cities and regional public funding.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Analyse and identify opportunities and areas for strategic partnership development, with special focus on regional and local authorities within the IH South geography
- Reach out to cities located in Innovation Hub South and the three RIS Hubs (Portugal, Greece, Malta) within its geography to analyse their specific needs
- Plan and organize thematic events, ideation and matchmaking sessions
- Support our key cities with monitoring and reporting of the projects they are engaged in
- Support our key cities in the development of living labs and pilots
- Support the communication and dissemination of project results
- Support cities with campaigns to engage citizens
- Support the matchmaking and ideating of cities with other suitable institutions, companies, SMEs and start-ups
- Identify suitable external funding sources and opportunities in the IH South countries
- Collaborate with local/regional/national administration in the implementation of strategies and policies
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 13 December 2021
Location: Barcelona (Spain)