Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research, and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods, and waste in smarter ways.
Join us and be part of the change!
Be part of a team where you will:
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management Office, the Programme Officer is responsible for supporting partners and the management team in the compliant implementation, monitoring and reporting of a portfolio of projects of the respective Business Plans financed by the EIT.
This includes the following tasks:
- Manage KIC projects and proactively engaging with teams that are leading EIT Urban Mobility-funded projects.
- Launch, promote, monitor, and manage calls for proposals, calls for tenders, ad hoc grants, etc. related to the programmes.
- Prepare the evaluation phase of the call and participate in the design of evaluation procedures, methods and documents and participate in the coordination, facilitation, and quality control of evaluation panels and organise and monitor the work of external evaluators.
- Analyse and present the evaluation results, provide input for future improvements, and provide feedback to applicants.
- Conduct the agreement preparation with Activity Leaders and grant agreement with beneficiaries and subgrantees and ensure the technical and financial consistency of projects to be funded.
- Monitor the implementation of projects, the performance of Project Leaders and subgrantees and the fulfilment of contractual obligations and ensure timely monitoring and reporting on overall progress, budget, and performance matters, e.g. EIT Urban Mobility strategic KPIs, project deliverables
- Manage requests for contract amendments. Assess project reports and control the eligibility of project changes with the contractual provisions.
- Plan and carry out programme’s actions that are implemented by means of public procurement procedures, working on the specifications and prepare publication. Act as member or chair of the Evaluation Committee and participate in the preparation of contracts. Liaise with the Procurement team of EIT UM financial unit in all steps of the procedure.
- Act as the principal interlocutor of the beneficiaries/subgrantees or contractors during the implementation of the grant agreement or contract, handling in-coming correspondence, including that with legal or financial contents, in close liaison with financial officer and legal manager.
- Participate in project meetings and possible monitoring visits to explain procedures, encourage networking, and monitor the technical implementation of the projects.
- Implement processes, including use of IT tools, that help project teams and the EIT Urban Mobility organization have full overview of activities progress and performance.
- Data analysis and information management that support portfolio management and communication, both internally and to stakeholders.
- Ensure seamless procedures between the Operations functions and other functions e.g. Finance, Communications.
- Support compiling the amendment and report of EIT Urban Mobility.
- Write reports and briefings; provide statistics on projects’ results upon request.
- Ensure the dissemination and promotion of project results and present the EIT UM and its projects at workshops, seminars, conferences, and other public events; regularly update the project database; contribute to the preparation of communication materials.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices and lessons learnt.
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies relevant to the position (or equivalent professional experience).
- Written and spoken English (C1).
- A talented portfolio manager with 2-3 years of experience in the progress monitoring and reporting of Horizon 2020 or of any EU programmes / projects.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables.
- Proven capability to work with IT tools to efficiently capture and analyse large amounts of data.
- Strong international and multicultural experience, especially in working with European matrix organizations.
- Strong presentation skills in English and ability to translate potentially complicated rules and regulations into simple and concise guidelines and trainings.
- Experience in working with academy, industry and city partners.
- Committed to operational excellence by implementing tools or processes that maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Independent and results-oriented, able to grasp organization goals and strategies, and deliver technical solutions.
- Ability to use Power BI.
- Proven experience of project portfolio management and project/programme operations. Demonstrable Project Management skills (PMP, etc)
- Experience in similar position in any EIT KIC is desirable and considered an outstanding asset.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Join a creative and diverse team of highly driven individuals that take out-of-the-box thinking to another level.
- Strike the right Work-life balance: On top of the flexible hours and remote working options and facilities, you will be granted 27 days of paid time-off to rest and re-energize.
- A yearly training catalogue to support your career development.
- A tax benefit powered by Cobee, allowing you to save on your personal income tax.
- A Private health insurance.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona.
This is a permanent and full-time position, with possibility to homework up to 2 days a week.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in the country of the job location;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
To apply for this position, please download the application template from EIT Urban Mobility website. Complete the four elements of the application:
- Personal contact details;
- An essential criteria checklist;
- A Cover Letter demonstrating how you match the skills defined in the job description – examples should be given;
- A curriculum vitae.
Follow the naming process detailed below:
|Format:||Save your completed application form in one single file in either PDF or Word format.|
|File name:||Name the file according to the model “first name_last name – EITUM_ProgrammeOfficer”. For example, Joanna Smith would name the file, Joanna_Smith EITUM_ ProgrammeOfficer”.|
|Email title:||The subject field should read “Programme Officer. HR172-2023”.|
|Send to:||Send your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Deadline for Applications: 10 August 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to email@example.com.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.