The Press and Media Relations Officer will report to the Director of Communications & EU Affairs and will support the Communications & EU Affairs team and work in close cooperation with and provide support to our Innovation Hubs. To support the goal of positioning EIT Urban Mobility as leading innovation community for urban mobility in Europe, the jobholder will be responsible for developing and delivering EIT Urban Mobility’s media relations activities, including preparing and distributing press releases, identifying and building relationships with relevant journalists, media agencies and influencers, to support our goals of. S/he will contribute to strengthen EIT Urban Mobility’s communications, promotion, and outreach efforts with a view to increase the awareness, visibility and understanding of the EIT Urban Mobility’s activities, results and achievements.
The job requires a lot of different things of which a few important ones are:
- Develop, proofread and (re)write press releases and media statements for our headquarters and support different departments and the Innovation Hubs with press activities and media relations as required, sell in stories to journalists and respond to external media with speed and accuracy ensuring that each opportunity is fully maximised;
- Build, maintain and develop a strong network of media contacts in Europe, including with relevant EU media, and across all relevant channels, including traditional media, digital, social media and blogger engagement;
- Preparing press kits, case histories and additional material for use by the media with the aim of conveying a positive image of the organisation;
- Build a high impact, positive media profile for EIT Urban Mobility across Europe and produce proactive media campaigns;
- Support, advise and brief spokespeople to media interviews/press conferences; this includes preparing the spokespeople by writing a briefing document beforehand and may require attending the interviews;
- Identify opportunities to package up and pitch the organisation’s work to secure increased levels of media coverage. Identify and scope opportunities for proactive communication articles and projects;
- Liaise with the Content Writer and other team members regarding any forthcoming results, published articles, blogs or policy papers;
- Manage EIT Urban Mobility’s media monitoring and database services, and produce regular media coverage analysis reports;
- Organise and manage press and media events;
- Organise media training for spokespeople; writing Q&As where appropriate.
The job is a permanent and full-time position, with possibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2022
Location: Barcelona, Spain