The User engagement and service design intern will be part of the Ecosystem and Stakeholders area and work in close collaboration with the City Club team. Within the Ecosystem and Stakeholders area there is a specific focus on the topic of citizen and user engagement, defined as the inclusion of diverse local perspectives in urban mobility. The overall citizen and user engagement portfolio includes:
- the high-level oversight of citizen engagement projects co-funded by EIT Urban Mobility
- the development and implementation of local on-the-ground activities to support behaviour change for sustainable active mobility
- supporting start-ups and other technology-based projects within EIT Urban Mobility to integrate user engagement into their product development cycle
- disseminating knowledge and best practices about citizen and user engagement to the broader practitioner and city network
The intern will be embedded in this broader portfolio. There will be a mix of own self-directed activities (responsibility over a single project) in addition to a range of tasks to support and coordinate other activities and events.
Main tasks include:
- Participating in the conceptualisation, design, implementation and evaluation of user engagement activities for urban mobility concepts (e.g., usability tests, workshops, ethnographic research, participant recruitment, etc.)
- Developing a catalogue of innovative concepts and examples to engage people in urban mobility
- Helping with the organisation of a workshop in Barcelona in November 2022
- Help develop content to disseminate knowledge from EIT Urban Mobility-funded citizen engagement activities to a broader audience
How to apply
To apply for this internship, please send a full application form consisting of a letter of motivation highlighting how your skills or experience matches the internship requirements and a current curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Please send the letter of motivation and the curriculum vitae in a unique PDF document.
All details can be found here: Call for applications and guidelines on how to apply for the Internship User engagement and service design
Deadline for applications: 3 October 2022
Location: Brussels, Belgium