Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
ABOUT LEGAL DEPARTMENT
Primary Objectives of the legal department:
Legal compliance: Provide legal counseling that ensures internal Departments understand and act on obligations to comply with ethical and legal standards.
EIT Framework and legal alignment: Provide advice and information on legal issues, trends and risks; understand business and function objectives and specifically monitor the implementation of the partnership agreement with the EIT and the EIT Urban Mobility internal regulations.
Innovative and solution-oriented counselling: Provide responsive, pragmatic, solution-oriented counselling ensuring the strategic objectives of internal Departments while protecting EIT UM’s overall interests and reputation.
EIT funding program: Execute or add value to complex transactions related the execution of the EIT Urban Mobility Business Plan (including in respect to suppliers’ contracts, partnering agreements and sourcing agreement), programs, projects and other program and strategic matters to allow for rapid completion; provided clear, concise counsel on risks, likelihood and impact.
Preventive law and trainings: Provide trainings and day-to-day counselling on relevant legal topics that promote the highest standards of legal and ethical compliance, including the implementation of the Anti-fraud Strategy, and better enable internal Departments to identify areas of risk unique to their strategic objectives.
Be part of a team where you will:
Be part of the Legal team reporting to the Head of Legal and Governance and to the Legal Officer, and provide support to the Legal Department in the following tasks:
- Support in the draft of all forms of agreements, including MOUs, Letter of Intent, services agreements, license agreement, collaboration agreement and non-disclosure agreement.
- Supporting the Legal team in counselling internal Thematic Areas, Operations and Innovation Hubs regarding affairs and compliance matters.
- Supporting the Legal Team in matters related to corporate governance, including supporting general meetings of Governing Boards and Ancillary Boards meeting and preparing minutes of them.
- Supporting the Legal Team in the development and implementation of the EIT UM Financial Sustainability Strategy participating in the drafting of Financial Sustainability Agreements with a focus in Intellectual Property Law.
- Providing Legal support for EIT UM initiatives, including amendment of registered items (such as corporate structure, capital amount and purpose of company).
- Provide assistance in the preparation and implementation of the trainings to employees related to Intellectual Property Law, Data Protection, Antifraud, Compliance and other related legal affairs.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices, and lessons learnt.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Full command of English and Spanish, both oral and written. Legal English is a must.
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in a Law firm (national or international) or in the legal department of an innovation related company.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Motivation to work in fast-moving, innovative, and sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Team player who can work in diverse areas of practice.
- Well-organized and structured.
- Pro-active, creative, and hands-on.
- Attention to details.
- Confidentiality duty.
- L.L.M or Specialization Master’s in Intellectual Property Law, New Technologies Law, Innovation Law and/or Corporate Law is a plus.
- Any other EU language is a plus.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus: Corporate Law or/and Intellectual Property, New Technologies and Data Protection.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus: Good knowledge of EU Law and understanding of EU granting schemes.
What’s in it for you:
- Contrato/convenio de prácticas (6 months up to 1 year).
- 1450€ monthly gross salary for full time and 725€ for part time.
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
- Possibility to homework 2 days per week.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona, Spain.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- Be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to do an internship in the country of the position.
- Enjoy their full rights as citizens.
To apply for this internship, please send a full application form consisting of a letter of motivation highlighting how your skills or experience matches the internship requirements and a current curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
Save the files as “Legal & Governance Intern – First Name Last Name” in PDF format.
Subject of the email: Legal & Governance intern.
Deadline for Applications: 3 July 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs.
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you.
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us.
- to answer your enquiries.