Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
Be part of a team where:
As the Financial Controller, you will be part of the Finance Team and report directly to the Head of Finance.
The primary focus will be Finance controlling function and Reporting, including the following tasks:
- Responsible to prepare financial reporting on internal projects, starting from the monthly closings.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and the Administration Officer for the budgeting process: yearly planning, forecasts, long term of the internal projects
- Responsible for the monitoring and follow up on financial sustainability activities: forecasts, reporting, monitoring, liaison with administration to produce invoice and collection.
- Responsible for the monitoring and special reporting on specific Projects
- Responsible for the monitoring and reporting of the investment portfolio
- Responsible for increasing understanding and knowledge of financial data within the organisation, proactively communicating on complex financial information to different audiences.
- Responsible for quality control of the content of financial reports together with Head of Finance
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices and lessons learnt. A strong team player with the ability to navigate a highly complex organisational structure and operational processes of a growing organisation.
- Completed Graduate in Finance, Business Administration, Economy and/or MBA.
- Written and spoken English (C1).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business controlling and reporting activities,
- Knowledge of the principles of internal control policies and accounting procedures,
- Capacity to identify areas of financial risk and opportunities.
- Experience with similar type of organisations, complex governance, multiple companies, stakeholders, European networks, etc.
- Ability to build Power BI dashboards, while also possessing proficiency in Excel for working with the existing database.
- Diagnose and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent communication skill, especially in communicating financial information to different audiences.
- Distinct team player.
- Hands-on and proactive mindset.
- Experience in EU funded projects follow up is a plus.
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP highly desirable.
- Additional European languages other than English are a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Join a creative and diverse team of highly driven individuals that take out-of-the-box thinking to another level.
- Strike the right Work-life balance: On top of the flexible hours and remote working options and facilities, you will be granted 27 days of paid time-off to rest and re-energize.
- A yearly training catalogue to support your career development.
- A tax benefit powered by Cobee, allowing you to save up to 47% of your personal income tax.
- A Private health insurance.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona.
This is a permanent and full-time position, with possibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in the country of the job location;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
To apply for this position, please download the application template from EIT Urban Mobility website. Complete the four elements of the application:
- Personal contact details;
- An essential criteria checklist;
- A Cover Letter demonstrating how you match the skills defined in the job description – examples should be given;
- A curriculum vitae.
Follow the naming process detailed below:
|Format:||Save your completed application form in one single file in either PDF or Word format.|
|File name:||Name the file according to the model “first name_last name – EITUM_FinancialController”. For example, Joanna Smith would name the file, Joanna_Smith EITUM_FinancialController”.|
|Email title:||The subject field should read “Financial Controller. HR164-2023”.|
|Send to:||Send your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Deadline for Applications: 2 June 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to email@example.com.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.