Events are an important component of EIT Urban Mobility’s communications strategy and play a pivotal role and channel for disseminating the success and impact of EIT Urban Mobility. Relevant events range from internally organised events such as the annual EIT Urban Mobility flagship event, a key strategic, high visibility event involving stakeholders from within the internal community; our partners, as well as high profile external guests, to smaller, governance and business cycle generated meetings such as the General Assembly.
The Events assistant will be part of the Communications and EU Affairs team and will support the Events Manager with the planning, organisation and execution of the events to ensure appropriate content, messaging, speakers and attendees.
The job requires a lot of different things of which a few important ones are:
- Support the Events Manager with the coordination of all aspects of event production including: communications and content strategy, the creative brief, location scouting, branding and design, technical and broadcast requirements, scheduling, logistics (e.g., renting of the venue and supplier negotiation/contracts), stakeholder engagement, pre-event planning, content and message development, associated materials, working with the external agency to support promotional and advertising requirements
- Support with the development, delivery and review of policies and procedures for the delivery of effective events. This includes supporting with the development and maintenance of relevant processes and protocols across the organisation, including branding, messaging, supplier selection, agency management and strict adherence to procurement processes;
- Schedule featured guests to speak at events
- Support with managing & coordinating service providers contracts to include time of arrival, setup, & breakdown (e.g. design and building of exposition booths)
- Develop detailed “run of show” schedules for major events
- Manage the registration of attendees (including creating name badges, names on tent cards, seating assignments, etc)
- Provide innovative solutions to help solve issues as they arise
- Support during the event in all areas where needed for a smooth implementation of the event
- Support in debriefing/reporting of events
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 1 August 2022
Location: Barcelona, Spain