- The EIT AI Community hosted the AI Challenge closing event in December 2023, where several start-ups pitched their solutions to the business challenges handed in by organisations during the year.
- EIT Urban Mobility’s partners Braga and MOVEN were the winners of the “Urban mobility mode prediction challenge”, presenting a solution that implies a significant impact on urban planning and sustainability.
- The EIT Community’s AI challenge is a call to action for developers, data scientists, and AI enthusiasts to tackle real-world problems through innovative AI solutions.
- EIT AI Community is made up of EIT Climate-KIC. EIT Food, EIT Manufacturing, EIT Digital, EIT Health and EIT Urban Mobility.
Fuelling digitalisation in mobility with AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) is becoming increasingly popular for addressing various demands within the mobility industry. Nowadays, most of these challenges can be solved using artificial intelligence (AI). However, the lack of familiarity with this topic often leads to uncertainty about how to get started. The EIT Community AI Challenge is a door into AI.
The EIT Community AI Challenge looks for corporates who want to tackle their digitalisation and sustainability transformation challenges with the help of AI solutions, presenting an exciting opportunity for businesses to leverage the power of AI to improve their competitiveness.
The EIT Community AI Challenge
The EIT Community’s AI challenge has been a call to action for developers, data scientists, and AI enthusiasts to tackle real-world problems through innovative AI solutions. During the challenge, all participants addressed diverse challenges in sectors such as healthcare, climate change, education, and sustainable energy. The goal was not just to demonstrate technical expertise, but to create tangible solutions with the potential to drive positive change on a global scale.
The winning projects were selected during an event hosted last month in December 2023:
First place: WHO & Turing Biosystems
- Challenge addressed: Interpretable hybrid AI for determinants of cancer.
- Outcome: Their approach has significantly contributed to advancing AI applications in cancer research.
Second place: Travna & Asistobe
- Challenge addressed: Efficient and cost-effective networks for inter-city and local bus transport.
- Outcome: Their innovative solutions have notably improved the efficiency of transportation networks
Third place: Braga & Moven
- Challenge addressed: Urban mobility mode prediction.
- Outcome: Their work in urban mobility prediction stands out for its potential impact on urban planning and sustainability.
All winning projects have the potential to inspire further research, development, and implementation of AI solutions in various industries. From healthcare to climate action, education to sustainable energy, the challenge has demonstrated that AI can be a powerful force for positive change when harnessed responsibly and creatively, highlighting the potential of AI to reshape industries and improve lives.
Furthermore, the challenge has also catalysed the development of a global network of AI experts committed to addressing pressing societal challenges. We are on the brink of a new era where AI-driven innovations will play a pivotal role in shaping a better and more sustainable future!
For those eager to delve deeper into this groundbreaking initiative, there’s more to discover at EIT AI Community – AI Challenge 2023
About the EIT Community
The EIT Community is a collaborative network comprising the European Institute of Innovation and Technology’s (EIT) long-term partnerships, known as Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs). These KICs drive systemic change in Europe and beyond, focusing on key areas such as climate change, health, energy, food, manufacturing, digitalisation, raw materials, urban mobility, culture and creativity. By harnessing the collective expertise of the KICs, the EIT Community initiatives power innovation, entrepreneurship, and creativity in Europe. We believe we can foster a competitive, inclusive, and sustainable European economy for generations to come.
The EIT AI Community unites diverse stakeholders in the AI domain, including startups, scale-ups, established companies, research institutions, and universities. Its primary objective is to promote collaboration, knowledge sharing, and innovation in AI-related fields.
The EIT AI Community aims to foster collaboration and innovation in Artificial Intelligence (AI) across Europe. It provides ample support for AI-driven projects and ventures through diverse resources, training programmes, and events.