Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
Be part of a team where you will:
- Write engaging, compelling, informative content to attract our audiences and engage their sustained attention.
- Be able to write various content such as: presentations; speeches; articles; annual report; brochures; interviews; newsletters; etc.
- Proofread and edit content (generated by colleagues or partners) such as: news articles, factsheets, press releases, reports, website contents, etc.
- Share best practices with the team and colleagues across the organisation, proactively seeking to improve processes.
- Contribute to defining the editorial lines for the website and a wide range of articles and publications, such as impact stories, annual report, etc.
- Provide well-researched written content through a variety of mediums, translating technical content into well-understood information utilising our organisational tone of voice and writing style. Attention should be paid as well to search engine optimization (SEO) and keywords to reach a target audience, attract new readers and to increase web traffic.
- Align the tone of voice, ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Identify our audience needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics. Research content topics as needed.
- Develop corporate narrative, pitch and presentations of EIT Urban Mobility.
- Create key messages to be used across our channels that support all functional areas –Academy, Innovation, Impact Ventures and Market Development – representing their activities to maximise outreach and engagement with all audiences of EIT Urban Mobility in a coherent manner.
- Develop featured stories related to EIT Urban Mobility strategic objectives, challenges and impact.
- Prepare video scripts for corporate videos.
- Contribute to shaping and optimising the content strategy, editorial calendar, and content distribution plans, with the rest of the team.
- Support with the development and implementation of the communication strategy and integrated content & brand strategy.
The Content Writer will report to the Corporate Communications Manager. The jobholder will be responsible for editing and re-writing content as well as developing content, to support our goals of positioning EIT Urban Mobility as leading innovation community for urban mobility in Europe.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices and lessons learnt. A strong team player with the ability to navigate a highly complex organisational structure and operational processes of a growing organisation.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Journalism, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Native level of English.
- 3+ years’ experience in copywriting, content creation or editing, ideally in the field of mobility, or related topics.
- High-quality communication and writing skills for a variety of channels (print and digital), applying flexibility to adjust voice and tone to maintain consistency with brand guidelines.
- Ability to translate complex technical and business subjects into engaging, understandable pieces and ability to present different concepts. As well as the ability to fact-check all editorial information, reviewing copy and provide relevant and credible sources as needed, and to self-edit content for grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines on a consistent basis, to independently manage and move projects forward. A self-starter, with the ability to use initiative, good work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of (urban) mobility is considered an advantage.
- It is a plus if the candidate has knowledge in WordPress, Drupal, SharePoint and Mailchimp.
- Experience in researching and crafting SEO-focused content.
- Additional European languages other than English are a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Join a creative and diverse team of highly driven individuals that take out-of-the-box thinking to another level.
- Strike the right Work-life balance: On top of the flexible hours and remote working options and facilities, you will be granted 27 days of paid time-off to rest and re-energize.
- A yearly training catalogue to support your career development.
- A tax benefit powered by Cobee, allowing you to save up to 47% of your personal income tax.
- A Private health insurance.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona.
This is a permanent and full-time position, with possibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in the country of the job location;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
To apply for this position, please download the application template from EIT Urban Mobility website. Complete the four elements of the application:
- Personal contact details;
- An essential criteria checklist;
- A Cover Letter demonstrating how you match the skills defined in the job description – examples should be given;
- A curriculum vitae.
Follow the naming process detailed below:
|Format:||Save your completed application form in one single file in either PDF or Word format.|
|File name:||Name the file according to the model “first name_last name – EITUM_ContentWriter”. For example, Joanna Smith would name the file, Joanna_Smith EITUM_ ContentWriter”.|
|Email title:||The subject field should read “Content Writer. HR162-2023”.|
|Send to:||Send your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Deadline for Applications: 7 June 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to email@example.com.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.