Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
About the position
The Community and Communications Coordinator is part of the central Communications & EU Affairs team and will report to the Corporate Communications Manager. The key accountability of the jobholder is to manage the information flows across the organisation, building strong relationships with the Comms single people of contact (SPOCs) to ensure timely collection and dissemination of key information. Comms SPOCs are specific persons of contact working on communication, events and marketing in different departments and offices across the organisation.
This position requires coordination across the organisation and consists of partner communication, managing the information flow of the communication ecosystem within EIT Urban Mobility and collection of information for dissemination purposes.
Be part of a team where you will:
Coordination of communication ecosystem within EIT Urban Mobility:
- Collect inputs for annual / quarterly planning of communication activities.
- Support with the management of the annual / quarterly plan updates, by consulting with the Comms SPOCs. This will be done in close cooperation of the Director of Communications and EU Affairs and the Corporate Communications Manager.
- Coordinate and promote the creation of core communication materials with the support of the SPOCs.
- Manage the central repository of core communication materials („Communications Library” – built with SharePoint CMS).
- Coordinate and liaise with the communication officers across the organisation. This includes:
- Ensuring the entire communication ecosystem of our organisation is updated on the planning, needs for input to be provided, and collecting all inputs coming from across the organisation through the communication officers.
- Identifying and sharing good practices on the coordination of our internal communication ecosystem. Providing suggestions for improvements.
- Producing monthly status reports to measure performance in timely/ accurate/ complete information provision.
- Manage our partner community platform („Partners’ site” – built with SharePoint CMS), which is used to streamline our communication with our partners.
- Curate, coordinate and produce the content of the Partners’ site, under the supervision and in alignment with the Corporate Communication Manager. Identify improvement areas.
- Provide training to colleagues and other stakeholders on how to use the Partners’ site.
- Monitor the performance of the Partners’ site.
- Further develop and deliver on the vision and strategy of the partner community platform
- Coordinate and build the monthly partner’s newsletter based on content from the Partners’ site.
- Organise the monthly partner communications meeting with the communications officers of the different Innovation Hubs and the Corporate Communications Manager.
- Coordinate and lead the monthly partner engagement call content (core content all Innovation Hubs will use to share e.g. success stories, additions to the partner network, upcoming events)
- Liaise with and provide guidance to a team of Innovation Hub communication and events officers, who engage with our partners at local level. Ensure partner engagement by standardising communications and messaging.
- Identify good practices to optimise the experience of our partners and the community.
Collection of information and supporting dissemination:
- Manage the EIT Urban Mobility participation in the EIT Awards (selection of candidates, follow-up of content production and deadlines coordination with EIT).
- Follow up on the deliverables on dissemination of the activities/projects liaising with the relevant departments and evaluating the appropriate channels.
- Identify good practices and stories with impact that result from our activities and that of our partners, and help curate this information into compelling stories for dissemination.
- Follow up on key dissemination events and outputs of projects and help identify opportunities and best formats for wider dissemination within the EIT Urban Mobility channels (events, conferences, website, etc).
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices and lessons learnt.
- 3 years of related professional experience;
- High-quality communication and writing skills with strong command of the written English language and ability to adjust tone of voice to brand guidelines;
- Experience in managing the information flows across a large organisation;
- Ability to independently manage and move projects forward; ensuring timely collection of key information coming from across the organisation;
- Team player with the ability to navigate a highly complex organisational structure and operational processes of a growing organisation. Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Self-starter with initiative, good work ethics, and a can-do attitude.
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or similar, ideally in the field of mobility, or related topics.
- Good knowledge of SharePoint CMS or similar.
- Experience working within the EU ecosystem.
- Good knowledge of (urban) mobility.
- Native level of English.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Join a creative and diverse team of highly driven individuals that take out-of-the-box thinking to another level.
- Strike the right Work-life balance: On top of the flexible hours and remote working options and facilities, you will be granted 27 days of paid time-off to rest and re-energize.
- A yearly training catalogue to support your career development.
- A tax benefit powered by Cobee, allowing you to save up to 47% of your personal income tax.
- A Private health insurance.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona.
This is a permanent and full-time position, with possibility to homework up to 2 days a week.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in the country of the job location;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
To apply for this position, please download the application template from EIT Urban Mobility website. Complete the four elements of the application:
- Personal contact details;
- An essential criteria checklist;
- A Cover Letter demonstrating how you match the skills defined in the job description – examples should be given;
- A curriculum vitae.
Follow the naming process detailed below:
|Format:||Save your completed application form in one single file in either PDF or Word format.|
|File name:||Name the file according to the model “first name_last name – EITUM_Community and Communications Coordinator”. For example, Joanna Smith would name the file, Joanna_Smith EITUM_ Community and Communications Coordinator”.|
|Email title:||The subject field should read “EITUM_Community and Communications Coordinator – HR164-2023”.|
|Send to:||Send your completed application to: email@example.com.|
Deadline for Applications: 21 June 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.