We are looking to appoint a City Funding Officer, based in Munich who reports to the Director of Innovation Hub Central for daily reporting and to the Head of City Partnership and AIG Manager for operational functions.
Expanding upon existing success in European-wide funding actions, the City Funding Officer will be tasked with identifying local, national, and regional funding opportunities related to urban mobility (Net Zero Cities, CCAM, Last-mile Logistics, Digital Technologies and Smart Cities, etc). The City Funding Officer will lead the targeting of identified funding opportunities to support EIT Urban Mobility partners (cities, industry, academia, and SMEs) in their defined geographic region (https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/our-hubs/.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Mapping and identifying cities, funders and funding programmes with a focus on Germany, Austria and Italy.
- Develop strong relationships with cities, national and regional funding bodies.
- Analysing funding cycles, work programmes, and tracking upcoming calls linked to mobility.
- Master the legal, financial, monitoring, and operational complexity of each priority funding body.
- Develop concept notes, timelines, and project proposal outlines to initiative partner engagement.
- Design and facilitate workshops for partners to respond to funding opportunities.
- Become a trusted advisor to our Leading Cities in their geography.
- Support in the development of new cities partners in the region
- Continuous mapping of cities’ opportunities in the region
- Matchmake between existing and new EIT Urban Mobility partners
- Complete financial planning and costing for bid proposals.
- Write and coordinate bid proposals to close.
- Participate in and engage with Innovation Hub Central and EIT Urban Mobility activities and events.
The position is based in Innovation Hub Central, in the Munich Urban Colab (Germany) where startups, corporate innovators, scientists and creatives from the most diverse sectors and disciplines are working together under one roof on intelligent technologies and services for smart city solutions.
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We put a high value on individual qualities and personal attributes and are looking for passionate professionals.
We are looking for a “can do” attitude, with experience in bid development and interest in mobility, technology, and innovation. The successful candidate should have proven, and successful direct bid development and coordination experience gained in consultancy, academia or research organisation. Experience in working with state funders, local government and or/the public sector is required. The position will be accountable to engage partners in a timely manner, creating a high-quality bid pipeline and successfully negotiating new partnerships.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2023
Location: Munich (Germany)