The City Development Officer (IH Central) will be based in Munich and support the Innovation Hub Director in managing the Innovation Hub Central partnership with a focus on the management of cities.
Innovation Hub Central aims to engage all relevant stakeholders in the field of urban mobility situated in the countries covered by our geography. Several key cities, universities, industries and SMEs are already member of our community. We are growing quickly and strive to have a good representation of all the key sectors that have an impact on urban mobility. Our goal is to form an excellent community working together to solve the mobility challenges facing our cities. Cities are at the core of all EIT Urban Mobility activities. They define the challenges for many of the EIT Urban Mobility calls to enhance innovation in urban mobility and act as test beds and living labs for projects and pilots. Our partner cities share best practices, replicate and upscale solutions. Besides cities, the engagement of SMEs in our programmes will be another focus of the stakeholder engagement.
The jobholder will work in a matrix structure together with the Director and the team of the City Club to define overall strategies and processes to reach out, onboard and keep cities engaged across all five Innovation Hubs. Collaboration with all central services based in the headquarter in Barcelona will also be required.
Main tasks and activities include:
- Analyse and identify opportunities and areas for strategic partnership development, with a special focus on regional and local authorities
- Reach out to partner cities and analyse their specific challenges and needs
- Support our key cities with monitoring and reporting of the projects they are engaged in
- Support the communication and dissemination of project results
- Support cities with campaigns to sensibilise citizens
- Plan and organise thematic events together with the Communications and Events Officer
- Participate in and engage with Innovation Hub Central and EIT activities and events
- Support the matchmaking and ideating of cities with other suitable institutions, companies, SMEs and start-ups
- Scout for suitable partners for cites from other sectors
- Act as an intermediary between the partners of the Innovation Hub and the EIT Urban Mobility headquarter in Barcelona in organisational, procedural and administrative matters
- Coordinate and participate in cross-KIC activities
- Collaborate closely with the City Club team to define best practice processes
The job is a temporary (12 months) and full-time position.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 3 November 2022
Location: Munich, Germany