EIT Urban Mobility launched 6 main Calls for Proposals in March 2021 covering 6 strategic thematic areas: Academy, Business Creation, Citizen engagement, Innovation, Public Realm and Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS).
The overall purpose of these calls was to resolve societal, technical, educational and operational challenges facing European cities by foresting knowledge, collaboration, innovation, entrepreneurship activities as well as transforming public spaces to create sustainable mobility for liveable urban spaces for all citizens.
Cities and regions, industry, NGOs and higher education and research organisations from European and associated countries were invited to submit their project proposals to support the development of innovative solutions and activities in the areas of applied education, training portfolio, active mobility, sustainable city logistics, energy and mobility and future mobility, to name a few.
In this first edition, 124 proposals were submitted across the 6 areas. Forty-six projects representing 175 entities from 24 EU and Associated Countries and requesting a total of 13,88M€ of EIT funding were pre-selected. These pre-selected projects were included in the Business Plan 2021-2022 for EIT approval. The approval by EIT will determine the start of the implementation of these projects in 2022.
The 46 pre-selected projects bringing together the key players across the whole value chain of mobility cover a wide range of topics and were allocated to each thematic call as follows:
- Academy Call “closing the knowledge gap”: 13 projects were pre-selected with an EIT funding request of 1,691,711 €
- Innovation Call “from research to application”: 12 projects were pre-selected with an EIT funding request of 7,165,993 €
- Business Creation Call “turning innovation into business”: 6 projects were pre-selected with an EIT funding request of 2,094,486.00 €
- Citizen Engagement Call “co-creating with citizens”: 5 projects were pre-selected with an EIT funding request of 719,966 €
- Public Realm Call “improving and transforming streets and public spaces with tactical urbanism”: 3 projects were pre-selected with an EIT funding request of 297,945€
- RIS Call “Connecting and supporting innovation talents in Europe”: 7 projects were pre-selected with an EIT funding request of 1,905,397 €
The breakdown of the results per call topic is shown in this Report on Calls 2022:
The next main Calls for Proposals are expected to be launched in Q1 2022 for activities to be implemented in early 2023.