Driving connections and mobilising investments
Empowering startups and scale-ups with opportunities to grow
Business Creation supports top start-ups and scale-ups with the ultimate goal of creating sustainable and more liveable cities.
Business Creation aims to become the reference in the market for supporting and funding gender-balanced startups within urban mobility. Our tools are:
- Funding through grants and equity investments
- Knowledge and training through partner-led programmes
- Networking and hot lead introductions through dedicated support to our equity portfolio companies
We support the lifecycle of start-ups and scale-ups through the phases of incubation, acceleration and growth, and through our own investment activities. We especially help startups and scale-ups matchmaking with living labs and pilot opportunities with cities in our partner network. Our investment policy strives at achieving a strong growing venture equity portfolio, with equal weight on impact and financial return.
Are you a mobility entrepreneur of a startup or SME and would you like to learn more about the services we offer?
Get started by attending a Breakfast&Learn intro and Q&A session hosted by our team every Friday at 10:00 am CEST.
For every stage of your company’s journey
Get your business model validated, mentoring, tech support and market access. The programme consists of seasonal accelerators that each revolve around a specific theme related to urban mobility.
Top-tier start-ups and scale-ups
Receive up to €500.000 in exchange for equity to help you reach Series A. Each year we award a total of €5 million to different ventures who also receive fast-track introductions and hands-on support in addition to funding.
Scale up programme
Increase your market existing presence with key introductions and matchmaking services. Programme consists of an annual cohort of coaching, networking events and procurement of international city pilots.
The characteristics of EIT Urban Mobility funding are:
- Geographic focus: Europe and Horizon Europe associated countries
- Target number of investments: 12 – 15 per year
- Target equity: 1% – 5%
- Multiple target: +5x
- Target of the initial investment: €50.000 – €150.000 (up to €500.000)
- Total fund size: €50M
- Target stage: Early-stage (post-product / early-revenue)
- Typical pre-money valuation: €2M – €15M
- Exit optionality: Preferred access to corporate acquirers and secondary sale transactions to existing shareholders
Furthermore, the following investment themes are being unified:
- Attacking large markets with global application
- Heavy data aggregation and analysis capabilities
- Innovative technologies of processes
- Social and environmental impact
Business Creation by the numbers
Since the founding of EIT Urban Mobility in 2019…
197 start-ups supported
€3M capital invested
> €65M funds raised by portfolio ventures
27%+ female-led ventures in equity portfolio
News & events