Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
About the internship
EIT Urban Mobility is looking for a talented, structured and detail-oriented intern to help out in our Amsterdam regional office.
This is a great part time opportunity for students with an interest in urban mobility as well as IT administrative and analytics-related tasks. Proven experience with MS Office 365, MS Excel, PowerBI, and Python is a must, and you will also need to have a very good command in written and spoken English.
We expect your average weekly workload to be up to 20 hours per week subject to your availability and mutual ongoing agreement. Our office is situated opposite Amsterdam Central Station at Start Dock, but the parts of your tasks can be carried out online.
About Innovation Hub West
Innovation Hub West brings together key stakeholders in urban mobility from a large geographical area of six countries, namely the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Northern part of France, Ireland and the UK.
Our office is located in the heart of Amsterdam at Start Dock, that brings together innovators, start-ups, and researchers to co-create solutions for sustainable cities.
Cities have Sustainable Urban Mobility Transition Goals till 2050. Together with our partners from top cities, universities, and companies we develop innovative solutions, and test them in our partner cities. We are determined to grow our partnership network and are open to new partners from relevant industries and businesses, municipalities, non-governmental organisations and knowledge institutions. We aim to maintain a balanced representation of partners in key sectors with impact on urban mobility including Mobility Data Spaces, Mobility as a Service, public realm, Public Transport, city logistics, autonomous vehicles, sustainable and integrated transport, electrification, Hydrogen, and accessibility.
Be part of a team where you will:
For this position we are looking for an analytical and IT oriented profile. Your tasks and responsibilities will include, i.e.:
- Support on mapping and business processes.
- Assistance in the research and mapping of relevant stakeholders, as well as supporting partner engagements.
- Support on the maintenance of relevant business databases for Innovation Hub West.
- Support the entry, analysis and monitoring of our data within the company’s CRM system.
- Assist in reporting findings and preparing recommendations.
- Create data visualizations for internal as well as for external reports and presentations.
- Support on meetings, events and communications in IT/admin topics.
- Support on administrative and ad-hoc tasks as needed.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for an intern with a “can do” attitude, hard-working, committed, who is passionate about video/media and about making our cities more sustainable.
- Background/interest in urban mobility and/or sustainability
- Ability to summarize complex information
- Data visualisation and analytical skills
- Reporting skills
- Structured way of thinking
- Flare for quality
- Can do attitude
- Team spirit
- Fluent in English (C1 level)
What’s in it for you:
- Internship of 3 months.
- 20 hours per week.
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- This position is based in Amsterdam. Our office is situated in heart of Amsterdam opposite to the Central Station of Amsterdam.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- Be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to do an internship in the Netherlands.
- Enjoy their full rights as citizens.
To apply for this internship, please send a full application form consisting of a letter of motivation highlighting how your skills or experience matches the internship requirements and a current curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the files as “Data Analyst Intern –First Name Last Name” in PDF format.
- Subject of the email: Data Analyst intern.
Deadline for Applications: 20 September 2023
Equal employment opportunity statement
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
Data protection disclaimer
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs.
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you.
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us.
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to email@example.com.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.