The Professional School Business Development Manager will support and report to the Head of the Competence Hub, which is part of our Academy. S/he will be in charge of the overall design and execution the Competence Hub’s development strategy, focusing mainly on our F2F courses but also supporting the development of our e-course freemium operations. S/he will therefore define and execute all of actions covering the “commercial life-cycle” of our courses: identifying and qualifying and opportunities, engaging with key-stakeholders, assessing their needs, preparing and presenting proposals, etc.
Given the relatively cyclical nature of our activity (design/commercialisation of the course during the first half of the year, delivery during the second half), s/he will also be involved in supporting the delivery of certain F2F courses, on a needly basis.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Head of the Competence Hub in the development of a strategic framework relative to the business development life-cycle and go to market of our course portfolio, and in the definition of intermediary goals/quotas/KPIs needed to reach the Competence Hub’s overall Financial Sustainability goal: 2 million € revenue generated annually per year by 2027.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with key clients/partners by making regular visits/calls, understanding their needs, and anticipating new collaboration opportunities. Many of our F2F courses are done with/for city officials or urban planners, which make them highly replicable/scalable, nationally and internationally. Being able to foster good relationships with high level city officials in many large/medium sized cities over the European continent will therefore be instrumental.
- Analysing our current course portfolio and collaborations with universities, consultancies, innovation agencies so move our existing/new courses to the market and generate additional revenue for EIT Urban Mobility.
- Identifying, involving and managing the relationship with marketing agencies and sales representatives or other commercial intermediaries, to build relevant marketing/sales plans that fuel business growth.
- Defining and meeting sales goals, leveraging on internal outreach capabilities: EIT Community/RIS, Communication, Innovation Hubs, City Club teams and EIT Urban Mobility Core Partners.
- Leveraging major Urban Mobility conferences and events (such as Tomorrow Mobility) and conducting visits, online/on-site/off-site information sessions, or participating in networking events to identify new leads, both at a B2B and B2C level.
- Building and nurturing a client database, utilising our CRM platform (Podio).
- Supporting the replication and delivery of our F2F courses, when necessary.
- Ensuring optimal synergies with other initiatives from the Academy Master School and Doctoral Training Network, the rest of EIT Urban Mobility, and the EIT Community (XKIC/RIS projects).
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2022 (New extended deadline)
Location: Barcelona, Spain