CALL IS NOW OPEN
Capital for your
EIT Urban Mobility invests in European mobility ventures
to help them scale sustainable.
What to expect as a start-up of the
EIT Urban Mobility’s equity portfolio?
Up to €500.000 financial support
Fast-track introductions to the
largest pan-European mobility
network including cities,
corporates and other sister
European organisations such as
the EIB, the EIC and the EIF
Mentoring and hands-on
support to scale your company
with increased visibility.
Access to top-tier events
Access to exclusive funding
opportunities to scale sustainable
via city pilots, funding through
innovation projects and follow-on
Start-up financial support
EIT Urban Mobility is looking for start-ups offering innovative urban mobility solutions to create a more social and healthier environment in cities.
As an impact investor, EIT Urban Mobility invests in solutions that contribute positively to at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related to sustainable cities and communities, clean energy, and climate action. Furthermore, EIT Urban Mobility encourages inclusive and gender-balanced teams to apply for this funding on green mobility.
To stimulate the talent and entrepreneurial mindset in all of Europe, EIT Urban Mobility pays special attention to start-ups incorporated in the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS), where conservative and risk-avoiding policy-making can slow down change and innovation. After their application, start-ups from these countries will be invited to a specific investment committee to ensure the channelling of the additional financial support available to RIS start-ups.
The objective of the Financial Support to Start-ups Open Call is to hands-on support selected investees in driving their growth, gaining visibility, and strengthen national and international market position. For ventures coming from Horizon Europe Associated Countries and willing to stretch their outreach, it opens doors to European markets and mobility ecosystem.
Does your start-up qualify for mobility financial support?
Start-ups and scale-ups currently fundraising or preferably already in an ongoing funding round with the following characteristics:
- Incorporated in EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country
- Urban mobility start-ups in pre-seed and seed rounds
- Less than 100 employees on their payroll
- Innovative product/service contributing to at least one of the EIT Urban Mobility Focus Areas:
- Integrated Mobility
- Sustainable City Logistics
- Future Mobility
- Mobility and Energy
- Smart Infrastructure
Main areas we support:
- Urban Air Mobility
- Waterway Transportation & Water Logistics
- Connected Vehicles
- Mobility & Energy
- Autonomous Vehicles and Systems
- Mapping and Navigation
- Sensors and Training Data
- Mobility Services
- Vehicle Marketplaces and Aftermarket
- Smart Cities & Smart Parking
- Last-mile Delivery & Green Logistics
Is your start-up helping to create liveable urban spaces?
enter international markets faster.
for mobility funding
- Resilience and capacity to leverage your company’s resources as a response to the changing environment and challenges and opportunities, ensuring traction and growth.
- Positive contribution to at least one of our challenge areas (Active Mobility, Sustainable City Logistics, Creating Public Realm, Future Mobility and Mobility & Energy) and to Core Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); SDG3, SDG7, SDG8, SDG9, SDG11 and SDG13.
- You have secured/committed investment from other accredited investors (BA, VC, CVC, etc.) in your current capital raise where EIT Urban Mobility would participate.
- You can act fast and diligently to formalise the current funding round and the investment process.
- The equality between men and women is a core value for EIT Urban Mobility. We support the adoption of the EIT’s Gender Mainstreaming Policy and its impact in the Knowledge Triangle.
- In consequence, the quality and experience of the founders’ team is essential, and a gender-balanced team is evaluated as a significant strength.
- See for all criteria and guidelines to apply, the guide for applicants.
The Financial Support to Start-ups Call opens 03 March 2023 and will be continuously open until 1 October 2023 with three cut-off dates in May, July, and September.
3 March 2023
Open call for applications
3 May 2023
First cut off-date
7 July 2023
Second cut off-date
29 September 2023
Third cut-off date
1 October 2023
Each cut-off date is followed by two-stage evaluation process after which all applicants will be informed about the results. The whole procedure is usually taking between 4 to 6 weeks. Further details on the selection process can be found in the Guide for Applicants.
For questions and further information, contact the investment team at: email@example.com