Welcome to EIT Urban Mobility
Doctoral Training Network
Turning research into innovations
The new EIT Urban Mobility Doctoral Training Network is a collective of universities, academics, and PhD candidates that seeks to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of urban mobility based on the knowledge triangle (education, research, and business). The programme provides urban mobility PhD candidates with a platform for exchange and feedback on their individual research as well as networking opportunities with practitioners and senior researchers. A four- to six-month international research placement is included in the programme.
Why join the Doctoral Training Network?
The Doctoral Training Network offers PhD candidates the unique opportunity to connect with their international counterparts at universities throughout Europe while strengthening technical expertise and fostering entrepreneurial and innovative skills. The customisable programme complements your PhD research and makes you part of a community that creates real solutions for more sustainable urban mobility.
The Doctoral Training Network offers PhD candidates:
- The opportunity to boost their personal and career prospects by joining this expanding network of academics, with strong links to industry, city governments, and international mobility providers, as well as the opportunity to attend the annual mobility forum
- An attractive and thorough innovation and entrepreneurship training programme
- Research guest placements throughout Europe, including relocation support
- A broad and exciting offering of courses relating to urban mobility at partner universities
- The possibility to add the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Label Certificate* to your doctoral degree
* Subject to EIT assessment and approval.
The Doctoral Training Network aims to foster innovative and entrepreneurial mind-sets by promoting experience-learning and funding international research placements
How to apply and eligibility requirements
The ideal candidate should be a driven student with an interest in studying urban mobility and innovation in an international context. Interested candidates should be fluent in English, possess excellent communication skills, as well as have the ability to address problems with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
Eligible candidates (more information on eligibility criteria here) need to submit an application including a curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and a certificate of enrollment as a PhD student. Additionally, a letter of support must be submitted by the candidate’s supervisor.
Applications for the current call need to be submitted no later than 30 November 2020.
Detailed information about eligibility requirements, required application materials, and submission timelines can be found here.