- A vision for Barcelona’s future”, aims to promote the generation and exchange of knowledge in the fields of innovation, urban studies, mobility, logistics, and energy.
- The project has been designed by PPP for Cities Research Center at IESE Business School, in collaboration with the Barcelona City Council.
- EIT Urban Mobility is part of their Steering committee and the Research Advisory Group.
Barcelona, October 2023 – Economic reactivation and innovation promotion are critical drivers to boost the Barcelona Metropolitan Area and attract world-class investment and talent. Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) can play a decisive role in achieving these goals, as they can combine public and private resources and know-how to transform Barcelona into a thriving metropolis where prosperity and quality of life go hand in hand.
Part of the mission of the PPP for Cities Research Center at IESE Business School, in collaboration with the Barcelona City Council, is to contribute to this innovation-driven urban transformation of Barcelona with its expertise in Public-Private Partnerships. To this end, PPP for Cities has launched “A vision for Barcelona’s future”, which aims to promote the generation and exchange of knowledge in the fields of innovation, urban studies, mobility, logistics, and energy.
The project consists of creating five Research Advisory groups focusing on key areas of future development: mobility, logistics, innovation, energy and resources, and urban studies. In each area, the groups have identified the main current problems and urgent areas for intervention, all of which share a common factor: the need for data-driven solutions, clear governance, and commitment.
- To find data-driven solutions to the main challenges faced by the latest innovations in urban ecosystems across the Barcelona Metropolitan Area.
- To channel and guide these solutions through Research Advisory Groups (RAG) formed by key stakeholders and subject-matter experts.
- To design actionable solutions that may be implemented in the RMB and generate a real impact in each project’s key areas.
With the support of: Barcelona City council and Familia Torras