- 01 April 2021
- 7 months
- CTAG - Automotive Technology Center of Galicia
- € 1,138,297.00
Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) systems, which will become mandatory for all vehicles commercialised in the EU from 2022, enable speed alerts and, in some cases, automatic speed reduction and compliance. However, there are some issues that need resolving to support their correct use:
• What is the appropriate speed limit for a particular area of the city?
• Do changing conditions make those speed limits at times too high or too low?
• How to modify and ensure real-time compliance of a speed limit?
• How to assist traffic managers in achieving such compliance?
Delivering systems that can complement existing traffic management centres (TMCs) is essential for successfully changing behaviour. CELESTE seeks to work both on technological solutions (including connected signals, extended data models and vehicle technology) and evaluation tools that can be transferred beyond the partner cities. The project will also materialise the solutions into functional prototypes thus delivering value globally to both project partners and EIT.