What will you get?
With a consortium made of international companies expert in the field of mobility, aeronautics and developing urban air mobility as well as the city of Toulouse, a pioneer city in the field of aeronautics and its high ambition in urban air mobility, the UAM Plazza Accelerator programme will offer additional support such as:
- Policy support,
- Citizen & regulator interaction,
- Living lab access,
- Open urban air mobility market,
- Business setup support,
- Office spaces at the B612 center in Toulouse,
- Connection to a global UAM ecosystem, and
- Access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments.
The accelerator will enable start-ups to pitch their innovative solutions in front of an international investors panel to scale up their business.
Ground transportation might have its future in the air, by implementing aeronautical innovative technologies in Urban Mobility. For this reason, the UAM Plazza Acceleration programme, co-funded by EIT Urban Mobility and framed in the Impact Ventures category, has a great potential to solve current city challenges.
The UAM Plazza acceleration programme will look for the 10 most promising emerging companies in Europe in the field of Urban Air Mobility and will provide them the possibility to implement their solutions in European cities.
Additionally, the programme will offer them a coaching and mentoring programme to accomplish the goal of taking urban air mobility companies to the next level. The UAM Plazza acceleration programme will bring a unique value proposition inside the urban air mobility ecosystem.
The UAM Plazza Accelerator’s consortium is made of Toulouse Métropole (a pioneer city in the field of aeronautics), Aerospace Valley (the biggest European cluster in the field of aeronautics, space and drones), Ferrovial (experts in market needs and trends to pick out disruptive ideas) and Carnet (already working in different acceleration programmes funded by EIT Urban Mobility).
The UAM Plazza Accelerator programme perfectly complements the other already existing programmes inside the district tackling most pressing topics such as the Space Avenue for NewSpace initiatives, Green Aero Boulevard for light decarbonized aviation or the Digital Road for digital services related to the aerospace industry. These accelerator programmes are held in the B612 building in Toulouse, where our UAM Plazza Accelerator will be hosted.
- A clear, scalable business idea with a Business Plan & Scalability proposal
- Minimum of a TRL 4: existing MVP
- Minimum of 2 team members (example: one CEO and one CTO)
- Start-ups must be incorporated in EU or Horizon Europe associated countries
- In the field of Urban Air Mobility, as a potential solution to revolutionise and improve the decarbonization and the mobility of citizens. The start-ups willing to participate should be related to one or various of the next areas of work:
- Vertiport urban integration and social acceptance (architecture, noise and visual pollution, intermodality…)
- Urban Air Logistics (cargo, drone delivery, networks…)
- Vertiport terminal passenger journey processes and systems (automation, biometrics, first-last mile integration…)
- Energy of the future (microgrids, on-site generation and storage, power management…)
20 February – 21 April 2023
Open call for applications
22 April – 10 May 2023
Evaluations of applications
12 May 2023
Communication of shortlisted start-ups
Communication of selected start-ups for the programme
June – December 2023
Execution of the accelerator programme
Selected start-ups from our other batches
You will get redirected to the application platform of EIT Urban Mobility.
You will need to register and validate your account if this is your first time accessing the platform. If you have already created an account, you will need to log in.
Once logged in it is as easy as starting a new application and selecting the program.
During your application you will have to fill in all compulsory fields.
You can save and edit your application until the deadline. Make sure to submit your application before the call is closed.
Please make sure to provide all required information during your application, including that related to your profile and the profile of the start-up.
For any technical questions or processes regarding the EIT Urban Mobility application platform please contact email@example.com
If you are selected for the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme you will receive 2.500€ equity-free funding for your start-up, regardless of which Partner you have been assigned to. Other acceleration services offered by the Partners are:
- 6-month Accelerator programme
- 1-on-1 Business Coaching/ Mentoring
- Start-up Workshops and masterclasses
- 6-months of Co-working Space/ Office Space (only in selected locations)
- Direct access to “Living Labs” and Cities
The spectrum of acceleration services offered by the individual Partners varies.
Below you will find a list of eligible European countries:
- Southern Europe: Albania, Armenia, Cyprus, France (South), Italy, Kosovo, Malta, North Macedonia, Portugal, Spain
- Central Europe: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Germany (South / West), Italy, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey
- Northern Europe: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany (North), Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland (North), Sweden
- Eastern Europe: Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany (East), Hungary, Israel, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- Western Europe: Belgium, France (North), Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom
Am I eligible for the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme and what are the criteria for startup selection?
To participate in the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme you need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Start-ups should have received less than 1m EUR revenue (accumulated over startup lifetime).
- No more than max. 5% of your shares are held outside of the eligible countries (no detailed cap table needed).
- Start-up must be incorporated in EU or EIT Urban Mobility participating countries. The registration certificate will be required to participate in the programme.
- A team with at least 2 FTE (NOT a single founder): minimum 1 team member pursuing the startup fulltime (not necessarily
connected to monetary compensation).
- Founders and employees (e.g. ESOP) should still own more than 70% of shares.
- A clear, scalable business idea.
- Duly justified TRL 4 – 7 (* more information here).
- Minimum €1bn addressable market.
- Fit with EIT Urban Mobility Challenge Areas:
- Active Mobility
- Future Mobility
- Sustainable City Logistics
- Mobility and Energy
- Public Realm
Fit with EIT UM Accelerator programme and full submission of application
*According to TRL definition in Horizon 2020, https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2014_2015/annexes/h2020-wp1415-annex-g-trl_en.pdf