Driving connections and mobilising investments
Empowering start-ups and scale-ups with opportunities to grow
Impact Ventures supports and funds top start-ups and scale-ups with the ultimate goal of creating sustainable and more liveable cities.
Europe’s leading community for gender-balanced start-ups and scale-ups in urban mobility
We want to move cities toward a more sustainable future by partnering up with start-ups and scale-ups like yours. Our Impact Ventures division gives you access to funding and support channels to deliver financial, environmental and social impact on the urban landscapes around us. Our tools are:
- Funding through grants and equity investments
- Knowledge and training through partner-led programmes
- Networking and hot lead introductions through dedicated support to our equity portfolio companies
Our investments provide you with a boost on your growth journey, and our network connects you with the right stakeholders in the public policy sector — on a regional, national and European-wide scale — to put your company on the map and bring your urban mobility services to the people who need it the most.
If you’re like us and have a drive to shape the cities of our future, join our community of engaged and esteemed impactful ventures by applying for one of the many different programs we offer.
Impact Ventures by the numbers
Since the founding of EIT Urban Mobility in 2019…
funds raised by portfolio ventures
female-led ventures in equity portfolio
positive net impact score
For every stage of your company’s journey
Get your business model validated, mentoring, tech support and market access. The programme consists of seasonal accelerators that each revolve around a specific theme related to urban mobility.
Top-tier start-ups and scale-ups
Receive up to €500.000 in exchange for equity to help you reach Series A. Each year we award a total of €5 million to different ventures who also receive fast-track introductions and hands-on support in addition to funding.
Increase your market existing presence with key introductions and matchmaking services. Programme consists of an annual cohort of coaching, networking events and procurement of international city pilots.
The characteristics of EIT Urban Mobility funding are:
- Geographic focus: Europe and Horizon Europe associated countries
- Target number of investments: 12 – 15 per year
- Target equity: 1% – 5%
- Multiple target: +5x
- Target of the initial investment: €50.000 – €150.000 (up to €500.000)
- Total fund size: €50M
- Target stage: Early-stage (post-product / early-revenue)
- Typical pre-money valuation: €2M – €15M
- Exit optionality: Preferred access to corporate acquirers and secondary sale transactions to existing shareholders
Furthermore, the following investment themes are being unified:
- Attacking large markets with global application
- Heavy data aggregation and analysis capabilities
- Innovative technologies of processes
- Social and environmental impact