sun04jun(jun 4)13:30wed07(jun 7)15:45UITP Global Public Transport Summit 13:30 - 15:45 (7)
The UITP Global Public Transport Summit is dedicated to sustainable mobility, bringing together all transport modes, industry authorities, operators, and exhibitors. Under the
The UITP Global Public Transport Summit is dedicated to sustainable mobility, bringing together all transport modes, industry authorities, operators, and exhibitors. Under the theme ‘Bright light of the city’, this year it will be held in Barcelona between 4 and 7 June, featuring more than 380 exhibitors, 300 speakers, 85 sessions and 15,000 international visitors in a 40.000sqm exhibition space.
Back in September 2022, EIT Urban Mobility signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the international association of public transport (UITP). To strengthen the relations, EIT Urban Mobility will be actively participating at the UITP Global Public Transport Summit.
EIT Urban Mobility Activities
From 5 to 7 June: You will find the EIT Urban Mobility booth in Hall 7 – Nº 7E238. There, a wide number of activities will be held throughout the four-day event:
- Monday 5 June, 12.00-13.00
- EIT Urban Mobility CEO, Maria Tsavachidis, will be speaking in a high-level panel during the opening day: “Big and beautiful: Can large entities lead innovation within public transport?”
- Monday 5 June, 10.45 – 11.30
- Lluis Puerto, our Market Development Director, will be participating in the round table Transforming the travel experience and the challenges of new mobility: more accessible, connected, sustainable and intermodal in the TRAM booth
- Tuesday 6 June, 11.30-12.45:
- Panel discussion on the electrification of public transport with public transport authorities, operators, and industry experts. They will share insights on overcoming key barriers to electrification, success stories of electric public transport implementation, and the role of innovation in public transport administrations.
- 7 June, 11.30-12.45:
- Participation at the session “Transit management and planning solutions for dynamic cities” by Yann Simon, City Demo Officer; and Taylor Sawyer, Entrepreneurial Innovation Officer.
For more info about the UITP Global Public Transport Summit, please visit https://uitpsummit.org/
4 (Sunday) 13:30 - 7 (Wednesday) 15:45