SIL Barcelona is the leading exhibition for Logistics, Transport, Intralogistics and Supply. Organised by Port de Barcelona (Barcelona Harbour), on the last day of the event, the session
SIL Barcelona is the leading exhibition for Logistics, Transport, Intralogistics and Supply. Organised by Port de Barcelona (Barcelona Harbour), on the last day of the event, the session “Port, City and Mobility” will discuss the following topic:
Transport is responsible for a large part of fossil fuel consumption and is expected to increase in the coming years globally. The global trend is towards a change in the mobility model, towards shared mobility instead of a private ownership model. Apart from shared mobility, it will become wise, connected, autonomous, sustainable and intermodal mobility.
The session will bring together several mobility experts to explain the challenges of new mobility, or future mobility, both for passengers and freight. In addition, the impact of this trend on the ports and how the ports have to adapt to this new type of mobility will be debated. In this context, certain doubts or questions arise:
- What type of mobility is the most appropriate for the movement of passengers and the movement of goods?
- How will it affect the distribution of the last mile?
- What limitations does this new mobility have?
- Is *MaaS the solution to urban mobility?
- When will autonomous vehicles appear?
- Within port mobility, what challenges or difficulties are presented by this new mobility?
- What impact does this new mobility trend have on port freight traffic?
EIT Urban Mobility Hub South Innovation lifecycle Officer, Martí Massot, will participate in the session, presenting EIT Urban Mobility’s logistics projects and how we support the sector’s transformation towards a sustainable model.
“Port, ciutat i mobilitat” 2 de June – 11:00h a 12:00h (session in CATALAN)
(Thursday) 11:00 - 12:00
Fira de Barcelona Montjuic Exhibition Hall
Avda. Reina Maria Cristina s/n
Consoci de la Zona Franca