Join EIT Urban Mobility and the City of Milano at the launch event of our new #ChallengeMyCity pilots in Milan! EIT Urban Mobility has funded
Join EIT Urban Mobility and the City of Milano at the launch event of our new #ChallengeMyCity pilots in Milan!
EIT Urban Mobility has funded the trial of two pilots at the Milano Rogoredo station. The aim is to solve the urban mobility challenges faced by the city in improving its active mobility infrastructure and the connection of the peripherical station of Rogoredo:
- A secure bike shelter for private bikers implemented by the start-up Don Cicleto
- A solar-powered docking station for e-vehicles put in place by the start-up SOLUM.
The services will be provided for 6 months to Milano citizens. By doing so, they will travel more sustainably and safely park their e-scooters, bikes, and e-bikes next to the train station. This is a way to validate a new model of intermodality that can improve the connectivity of peripherical train stations like Rogoredo, and foster the use of micromobility across the entire transport network.
On 4 October at 10:30h, the official inauguration of the pilots will take place at Milano Rogoredo Station. The following speakers will participate in the event:
- Arianna Censi, Mobility Councilor for the City of Milan
- Fabio Celentani Ungaro, Head of Asset Development and Operations at Metropark
- LLuís Puerto and Alice Lunardon, EIT Urban Mobility
- SOLUM and Don Cicleto, start-ups implementing their solutions
The inauguration will be followed by a citizen engagement activity, where participants will be able to test the pilots and give their feedback.
The event is open access, so we invite you to join us at Milano Rogoredo station on 4 October.
(Tuesday) 10:30 - 11:30
Milano Rogoredo Station
Via Giovanni Battista Cassinis, 73-77, 20139 Milano, Italia