Join EIT Urban Mobility and the City of Madrid at the inauguration of the newest #ChallengeMyCity pilots! EIT Urban Mobility has funded
Join EIT Urban Mobility and the City of Madrid at the inauguration of the newest #ChallengeMyCity pilots!
EIT Urban Mobility has funded the trial of five pilots in the city of Madrid through the #ChallengeMyCity programme. The aim is to solve the urban mobility challenges faced by the city in improving its active mobility infrastructure, enabling the test of innovative mobility solutions that can later be rolled out more widely if successful. The selected solutions are:
- A solar-powered docking station for e-vehicles installed at the Chamartín station by the start-up SOLUM
- A secure bike parking for commuters installed in Plaza Castilla by the start-up Vadecity
- A green last-mile delivery system with a network of pick-up lockers installed throughout the city by the start-up Smartpoint
- A cyclist flows and safety monitoring system by the start-up Dashfactory
- A pedestrian flows monitoring system by the start-up Vianova
The five solutions will be tested for a period of six months, during which they will be available to the citizens of Madrid. Following the test, EIT Urban Mobility will evaluate their social, economic, and environmental impact, allowing the city to better understand the mobility challenges it faces, and how to implement long-term solutions to them.
On January 16th at 09:30h, the official inauguration of the pilots will take place at the Chamartín One Hotel. The following speakers will participate in the event:
- Borja Carabante, Delegate of the Environment and Mobility Area of Madrid City Council
- Lola Ortiz, General Director of Planning and Mobility Infrastructure at the Madrid City Council.
- LLuís Puerto and Alice Lunardon, EIT Urban Mobility
- SOLUM, Vadebike, Smartpoint, Dashfactory, and Vianova, start-ups implementing their solutions
The inauguration will be followed by a visit to the pilots and a live demonstration of their use.
The event is open access, so we invite you to join us at the Chamartín One on January 16th.