EIT Urban Mobility Master School
Dear Applicants/Future Students,
Following the latest announcements regarding the situation of COVID-19, we would like to reassure you that we are making every effort to mitigate the impact of this situation in your learning experience. (Including your application.) EIT Urban Mobility and its partners are taking measures to ensure the continuation of learning activities and each of our partner institutions is designing a set of actions to address the situation depending on their country policies and needs, If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us!
EIT Urban Mobility Master School Office
To qualify for admission, applicants need to fulfill the admission requirements, which are a complete and suitable Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of studies (see specific requirements) and proof of English language proficiency.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree encompassing a minimum of 180 ECTS credits or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognized university.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate education may also apply and if qualified, receive a conditional acceptance.
- If you have not completed your studies, please include a written statement from the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled in the final year of your education and giving your expected completion date – which should be before the start of the Master's programme.
- If you receive a conditional offer, you should present your degree certificate to your entry university before enrollment at the latest. Applicants following longer technical programmes and who have completed courses equivalent to an amount of 180 ECTS, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Relevant Field of Studies: Specific Requirements
Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions
The Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions programme welcomes students with an array of backgrounds and experiences. The programme is ideal for students with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Geoinformation Technology, Urban Planning, Geography, and/or Economics. Additional disciplines are welcome, provided students have a solid foundation in quantitative approaches to solving problems and verifiable experience in programming, calculus, linear algebra, and mathematical statistics.
Smart Mobility Data Science & Analytics
The programme welcomes candidates who have a solid foundation in analytical problem solving with an eye to details, as demonstrated by a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
All our programmes are taught in English. All applicants must provide proof of their English language proficiency. This is generally verified through an internationally recognized test such as TOEFL or IELTS. We advise all applicants considering submitting an application to take either a TOEFL or an IELTS test as they are accepted by all partner universities.
- Please note that the results of your test must be final at the time of submitting an application. We will not accept late submissions of proofs of English proficiency.
- Please note that most TOEFL and IELTS tests results are only valid for 2 years from the test date.
General language requirements:
IELTS Academic test (www.ielts.org)
- An overall band score of at least 6.5, with no section lower than 6, is required.
- IELTS-tests are verified online by the Admissions office, submitting a photocopy of your test with a visible TRF number together with your application documents is therefore sufficient. We don’t accept General training IELTS tests
TOEFL Internet-based test, iBT (www.toefl.org)
- A minimum total score of 92 (with writing section 22 and no section lower than 21) is required.
- English test results from TOEFL should be sent directly from the ETS test center to EIT Urban Mobility Master School in order for us to verify it (Institution code: C540).
Examinee score reports alone are not accepted. You may upload your score temporarily while you wait for ETS to send your score to us but we still need to verify it online and this is only possible if you have paid for EIT Urban Mobility to have access to it.
English proficiency test waiver
English proficiency tests are waived for applicants who:
- have completed a higher education degree instructed in English at a university in an EU/EEA country or a university of applied sciences in an EU/EEA country. The official language of the degree programme has to be stated in the degree certificate or its supplement, or in the transcript of records. Statements are not accepted. Other documentation regarding language of instruction will not be accepted.
- have completed a degree instructed in English at a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Tuition fees per academic year for the EIT Urban Mobility master programmes are listed below.*
Tuition fees are payable per semester (8 000 Euro for non-EU citizens and 2 000 Euro for EU citizens per semester) and are due before the start of each semester. Only payments by bank transfer are accepted.
EIT Urban Mobility offers generous scholarships to attract top talents worldwide. Our scholarships are merit based and cover your study duration of two years. They include partial tuition fee waivers and monthly allowances.
The following scholarships are available.
Student ranking is based on a total evaluation of the following criteria:
- Suitability of acquired bachelor degree for intended study program
- Academic excellence (Quality of home university and study success – GPA)
- Entrepreneurial excellence and innovative potential
There is no separate scholarship application required. When submitting your application to our master programmes you will be asked whether or not you wish to apply for a scholarship.
*Following the outcome of the withdrawal agreement of the UK from the European Union, UK citizens will be considered Non-EU applicants.
Application Dates and Deadlines
The application process is divided into two periods, and only one application per intake is possible:
Please note that our application portal closes on February 1, 17:00 CET for Period 1 applications.
Please note that application period 2 is not recommended for applicants who require an EU study visa due to time constraints.
If you choose POLIMI as one of your preferences and you have a non-Italian degree (or you are completing your bachelor’s outside Italy), you need to submit an additional application on POLIMI’s Online Services for the Master of Science in “Mobility Engineering”, in parallel with your EIT Urban Mobility application.
The deadlines for the local application to POLIMI are February 1, 2022, for Period 1 and April 14, 2022, for Period 2 (the anticipated deadline on March 8, 2022, only for non-EU applicants). For instructions and local deadlines for your POLIMI application, please refer to the dedicated website here.
Please see the Required Documents for Your Application section below.
To apply to the Master School, you are required to upload the following documents into the application portal before the deadline:
- Degree Certificate/Diploma in its original language and translated into English (If your university does not provide this service, the translation has to be done by an authorized translator and his/her credentials, signature and stamps must be visible in the translated document). In case of on-going studies, a statement certifying that you are in the final year of your studies. The statement must be written by the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled on the final year of your education and giving your expected completion date.
- Official and stamped transcript of records in original language and translated into English. All courses taken must be included. Please scan the front and back of every document- all stamps and signatures must be fully visible.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- Curriculum Vitae including details on your academic and professional career.
- A letter of motivation in which you prove your innovative potential. For this purpose we ask you to discuss or propose an innovation and/or entrepreneurial idea. The letter can be addressed to the “Selection committee". How you describe your entrepreneurial idea is up to you. Perhaps you can identify a problem in your area of interest and propose products or services to address the problem/insufficiency/lack. Feel free to include your personal and professional reasons for wanting to join the EIT Urban Mobility Master's programme in the letter (perhaps in the summary), but all in all the letter should not be longer than two pages.
- An official ID, such as your passport or National ID card (scanned in colour)
Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
Please upload the original version of your degree certificate and transcript of records. If this is not possible, scanned copies (in colour) of your degree certificate, transcript of records and statements should be stamped and signed by the degree administrations office (or equivalent department) of the issuing institution, or by a Notary Public.
Applications that are not supported by official documents will not be processed.
Country-Specific Documentation Requirements
Please read the following instructions carefully if you completed your bachelor in the following countries: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria or USA.
Degrees awarded in Pakistan need to be attested by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan. Colour copies are accepted but they MUST bear the original HEC stamp and not a copy of the stamp. Each page of the transcript of records as well as the degree certificate has to be stamped and signed by HEC and must include: your name, your father's name, your personal identity number, the name of the university, and your degree.
The verified documents must be sent in an envelope sealed by the HEC to our address below. We only accept documents attested after 1 March 2009, for reasons of verification. The verification process can take a long time. It is therefore important that you apply early and ensure that your study documents will be sent to Sweden as early as possible.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
In case of on-going studies, the current/latest version of your transcript of records must be stamped and sent to us by the HEC. You must contact the HEC and ask them to verify your qualifications and send this proof to our address stated below.
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria or USA
For degrees/transcripts from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria or the USA an official transcript of records and a certified true copy of the degree must be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing university to our address stated below.
KTH Admissions Office
Att: EIT Urban Mobility Master School Office
SE-100 44 Stockholm
Please note that students with Chinese citizenship admitted to a university in the Netherlands must submit a Nuffic certificate at the time of application for a Dutch entry visa. The Nuffic certificate is not required to be submitted during the application process.
For any other country-specific documentation requirements check here to find the country where you completed your bachelor's degree.
Please note that it is each applicant’s responsibility to make sure their application is complete and correct before submitting it.