The EIT Community invites applicants to develop and submit applications aligned with the New European Bauhaus initiative (hereinafter NEB) focused on developing long-term solutions in collaboration with citizens to deliver transformation that match the needs and demand of a wider community.
The overall purpose of this Co-Create NEB Call for Proposals is to demonstrate new solutions to boost the transformation of cities, rural and peri-urban, by bringing individuals and communities closer to nature, bringing a sense of belonging, addressing the needs of territories, and communities that needed specific attention, and transforming value chains and life of materials towards circularity.
Who can apply?
This Call for Proposals is open to legal entities (private or public, KIC partners or not) established in Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), and/or in Third countries associated to Horizon Europe.
Applications must be a consortia of a minimum 2 partners and a maximum of 4 partners. One of these partners must be a City, region or an affiliated entity to a City or region located in an EU Member State or a Third Country associated to Horizon Europe. At least 2 of the partners must be independent from each other. One partner has to be presented as the Lead Partner.
Applications from RIS countries are encouraged to participate.
For further eligibility information please check Chapter 2.2 of the Call document.
The grant will award products and services (including rapid prototypes) and/or the co-design of of public realm and commons, adressing at least one of the EIT Community NEB Challenges based on the New European Bauhaus four thematic axes:
· Reconnecting with nature
· Regaining a sense of belonging
· Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
· The need for long-term, life cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem
All submitted proposals are expected to co-create, build sustainable, beautiful and inclusive public space in alignment with NEB. In terms of public realm development strategy, the projects must comply with at least one of the expected outcome targets:
· Outcome A: Improved quality of a defined public space by implementing the NEB approach. The proposal must have a clear explanation of how and at what level the project contributes to achieve the selected NEB challenge, including a realistic and achievable plan.
· Outcome B: Improved quality of public space by complementing local policy/strategy whilst implementing NEB approach. The proposal must have a clear explanation of how and at what level the project contributes to achieve the selected local strategic plan/documents’ targets, including a realistic and achievable plan. The project must provide clear evidence of implementing the NEB approach
An application must address at least one of the EIT Community NEB Challenges mentioned in Section 3.3; for further information on outputs and impacts, including examples of specific types of activities, please carefully read Section 3.4 of the Call Manual document.
EIT funding allocation
The funding rate is 75% up to 45.000€ for each project, leaving the remaining 25% to be co-funded by the applicant.
Overall 8 selected projects (ideally minimum 1 proposal per EIT Community NEB Challenge) can be implemented in six regions/cities located in the European Union Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries from February 2024 to December 2024.
How can you apply?
The process is organized in a one-step application procedure. Please read the Call Manual carefully and consult the EIT Community team if necessary. More information about the types of projects, the application process, you will find in the documents for download:
- Call Manual (Updated version 26/07/2023)
- The New European Bauhaus Compass
- Guidelines for Applicants
- Eligibility of expenditure
- Appeal procedure
- Declaration of affiliation template (if applicable)
- EIT Community NEB Project Implementation Handbook
- Financial Support Agreement template – from EITUM
- Horizon Europe Model Grant Agreement
- List of previously funded projects
- Template for cities: Matchmaking Session
- Template for innovators: Matchmaking Session
On 31 July 2023 at 11:00 CEST Online, a Call info session took place. You can download the presentation or watch the full recording here:
On 8 of September at 10:00 CEST there will be an online matchmaking event where registered participants could present in 4 minutes their organization and their needs to form a consortium. Please fill in the registration form by 1 September.
We look forward to receiving your applications no later than 16 October 2023, 17:00 CEST through the PLAZA e-submission platform. Proposals submitted after the set deadline will not be eligible.