EIT Urban Mobility is seeking professional support for the planning, organisation and execution of our events and those of third parties where EIT Urban Mobility is participating. The number of events EIT Urban Mobility organises and takes part in increases and additional strategic, operational, and administrative support is needed.
In 2022 we work on many events all over Europe. For the second half of the year, some key events take place, and we organise our flagship event. To ensure a high quality and timely delivery of the planned work, we seek for additional support of an events professional, that can work for approximately 20 hours a week, as being part of the team. The workload may differ depending on the period and the events to be prepared. Expected is that the peak of the workload will be between September and beginning of December 2022.
The Event Planner will fully or partially oversee the organisation of small scale and large events and may
coordinate our participation in third party events. Based on the requirements pre‐defined by EIT Urban
Mobility, the Event Planner will assist in clarifying the basics of the event to be organised: concept, format,
objectives, target audience and duration. The workload per event will vary significantly according to the
size and configuration of the event.
The specific tasks that can be requested include, but are not limited to:
- coordinating the relationship with suppliers and ensuring regular follow‐up; providing support
with quotes revision, invoice control, onsite supervision
- sending out event invites and handling participant lists and registration tools, ensuring attendee
lists for events are up to date
- providing continuous support to participants via phone and email
- sourcing venues, handling contracts and coordinating needs with venue managers
- managing hotel block bookings
- providing advice on and contracting online platforms and tools to use
providing advice on how to structure the events
- providing advice on how to keep participants engaged before, during and after the event
- preparing briefings for speakers
- coordinating the creation of graphic and video materials by our contracted agencies
- supervising the production of printed materials, including signage, brochures, roll‐ups, badges,
lanyards, merchandising items, etc.
- preparing event toolkits and guidelines for participants
- providing onsite support at events, including hosting at booths, receiving speakers, technical
support, backstage management, etc.
- creating satisfaction/feedback surveys and post‐event follow up
- developing marketing materials such as programmes, invitations, brochures, email reminders,
- developing associated materials such as slides
- providing technical support, such as the live streaming of select events
- providing support with media relations and press when necessary
- drafting event reports, do reporting of KPIs and impact assessment, according to EIT/EIT Urban
- drawing up of meeting agendas, and meeting minutes; provision of event overviews when
All information, including the detailed scope of work, deliverables, and terms & conditions can be found in the Request for Proposals
Deadline for submissions: 26 May 2022 at 18:00 Central European Time.