Much ink has been spilled on the not-so-new, still controversial, arguably disruptive concept of Mobility as a Service (MaaS, for the initiated). But,
What are the main and still unresolved aspects to be addressed when implementing MaaS for real?
Is MaaS the silver bullet able to solve many of the challenges facing cities today?
In our next episode of Mobility Talks, EIT Urban Mobility will invite a high-level panel of international experts and will guide a constructive discussion on:
- whether a suitable governance scheme (not technology) is key for MaaS to thrive.
- data as a cornerstone for any MaaS architecture for better managing mobility, addressing societal goals (sustainability, equity, accessibility) and enabling new viable business models around mobility services.
- the most interesting industry developments for a more integrated user experience as a real and competitive alternative to the private car.
Factual, an innovation and strategy consultancy focused on mobility, will share insights about the current situation of Maas in Europe. Three start-ups will present their MaaS solutions for urban mobility’s challenges and experts coming from public administrations will share with us their ideas on how MaaS will revolutionise transport and mobility in the very near future.
15:00h: Welcome and panellists’ introductions
15:05 – 15:35: PART 1 – Governance
- Speaker: Josep Laborda, Co-founder & CEO, Factual Consulting
- Start-Up: Krista Huhtala-Jenks, MaaS Global
- Piia Karjalainen, Secretary General, Maas Alliance
- Violeta Bulc, Curator of Ecocivilisation, Vibacom s.p.
- Krista Huhtala-Jenks, MaaS Global
15:35 – 16:00: PART 2 – Data
- Speaker: Marc Figuls, Strategy Consultant, Factual Consulting
- Start-Up: Jorge Tercero, CTO, Wondo
- Laia Pagès, Executive and Scientific Manager, CARNET
- Lluís Alegre, Mobility Director, Metropolitan Transport Authority of Barcelona (ATM)
- Jorge Tercero, CTO, Wondo
16:00 – 16:25: PART 3 – Implementation
- Speaker: Marti Jofre, Co-founder & Managing Partner, Factual Consulting
- Start-Up: Tautvydas Gylys, Product Director, Trafi
- Sami Sahala, Forum Virium (tbc)
- Martí Jofre, Co-founder & Managing Partner, Factual Consulting
- Tautvydas Gylys, Product Director, Trafi
16:25 – 16:30h: Wrap-up and conclusions, Daniel Serra, Managing Director, Innovation Hub South. EIT Urban Mobility
Presentations and recordings of Mobility Talks #5
- Presentation by Josel Laborda
- Presentation by Krista Huhtala-Jenks
- Presentation by Marc Figuls
- Presentation by Jorge Tercero
- Presentation by Marti Jofre
- Presentation by Tautvydas Gylys
- Recordings of the Mobility Talks Episode 5 available on our YouTube channel here