Welcome to the EIT Urban
Mobility Master School
MSc Innovative Mobility Technology
Why study Innovative Mobility Technology at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School?
Increasing urbanization is challenging cities across the world in how to move people and goods efficiently and sustainably. To address such challenges, engineers and manufacturers can no longer design isolated machines. The vehicles of the future must communicate with each other, understand their built environment, and most importantly, interact with and be responsive to people. Future cities need professionals that understand such challenges and have the vision to anticipate these developments.
The Innovative Mobility Technology (IMT) Master is a unique study programme that prepares graduates to design and develop user-centred future mobility tools and devices, and to assess their feasibility and sustainability at both the user and system level. The programme focuses on understanding different applications of technological developments in various vehicle typologies and urban infrastructure. Through the programme, students will work with critical real-world challenges and learn how to develop multidisciplinary solutions to complex problems. The IMT programme allows students to focus on adopting innovative products and services, including working with human-centred technologies, efficient and green energy solutions, and electronics and communication technologies, as well as sensors, wired and wireless network standards, and machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions. Additionally, it provides a wide range of skills in entrepreneurship and innovation to face the rapid transformations in our globalized society.
How is the programme structured?
All programmes at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School have a unique study path:
- Students study one year each at two different universities, the “entry” university and the “exit” university. All options are located at a leading university in Europe in the field of urban mobility.
- Graduating students will be awarded two officially recognised Master of Science degrees, from each of the two universities. Moreover, the programme is designed so that students may attain the qualifications for a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.*
- During the first-year studies, students will be introduced Innovation and Entrepreneurship and participate in an extended Challenge Project. During the same year, students will acquire essential technical skills for working with urban mobility challenges.
- Between the first and second year, students will participate in a Summer School applying new skills to two different cities within Europe.
- In the second year, students will choose from several more specialised courses in both technical content and innovation and entrepreneurship. Students will also participate in a shorter challenge project that includes an internship at a company or organisation working to meet urban mobility challenges. To complete their degree, in the second year, students will carry out an independent master thesis, combining and demonstrating their full set of technical and entrepreneurial skills.
- You will have a wide range of career opportunities, within the public and private sector, as well as the business know-how to start your own business or conduct rigorous research.
*Subject to upcoming EIT approval process.
Who can apply?
The Innovative Mobility Technology Programme welcomes applicants that hold a B.Sc. degree in Engineering, Information Science or Computer Science with at least 20 ECTS in mathematics or physics and 10 ECTS in information science or programming.
Where can I study Innovative Mobility Technology?
Students may apply to start and end the programme at any of the three universities. Students must attend a different university for Year 1 and Year 2. The available universities for the Innovative Mobility Technology programme are:
- Aalto University – Espoo, Finland
- Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) – Barcelona, Spain
- Politecnico di Milano – Milan, Italy
What are the career opportunities?
You will have the opportunity to develop a career as a vehicle and mobility system designer and engineer, a technology innovator, a mobility infrastructure designer, an HMI engineer, an ITS system architect, an X2X connectivity system engineer, and a system power engineer, among others.
After the programme, you will be able to find employment opportunities worldwide, in leading positions and multidisciplinary teams, for a range of private companies, including the automotive sector, public institutions in cities and metropolitan regions, and start-ups that require high-level technological and system competences.
Innovative Mobility Technology
2 years, full-time
Hold a Bachelor of Science in… More Information.
Tuition fees & scholarships
For EU and non-EU citizens. More Information.
Language of instruction
English. More Information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for our FAQ