Energy and Public Realm
Accelerator Programme [2022 call closed]
What will you get?
Start-ups joining the Energy and Public Realm Accelerator will benefit from:
- Networking opportunities with investors, cities, industry representatives and other start-ups
- Access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments
- Six interactive, virtual learning sessions about the following topics: finding product-market fit, KPIs, social media marketing, behavioral marketing, investments and presentation skills
- Individual mentoring sessions with experts from the area of Energy and/or Public Realm
- 2.500€ grant
- In-person events, such as a face-to-face bootcamp
- Access to other networking opportunities with start-ups from other accelerators
The EIT Urban Mobility Public Realm Accelerator provides support for innovative mobility solutions, focusing on creating a better public space and improving the wellbeing of residents by addressing energy- and mobility-related aspects. These two topics are interlinked, and many early-stage startups contributing to Public Realm come also from the areas of Energy and Mobility.
In addition, changing the Public Realm requires a lot of effort, and Energy and Mobility impacts this transition and contributes to a better space for living. Start-ups can apply from any of the two thematic areas, their solution does not have to cover both energy and the public realm.
- A clear, scalable business idea
- A diverse team of min. 2 FTEs
- The start-up must be incorporated in EU or Horizon Europe associated countries
- Clear impact on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Fit with at least one of the two thematic areas: energy or public realm
20 February – 21 April 2023
Open call for applications
22 April – 10 May 2023
Evaluations of applications
12 May 2023
Communication of shortlisted start-ups
Communication of selected start-ups for the programme
June – December 2023
Execution of the accelerator programme
Selected start-ups from our batches
Start-ups can participate in 6 interactive learning sessions about the following topics:
- Finding product-market fit
- Measuring KPIs
- Social media marketing, with a specific focus on LinkedIn marketing
- Behavioral marketing, trust-building with customers and investors
- Presentation skills
Since the learning sessions are organised online, start-ups are free to invite as many colleagues to the sessions as they wish. Generally, we recommend having 1-3 participants per team.
The mentors and the teams usually meet twice per month, and a session usually lasts for one hour. So altogether, they can meet 12 times between June and November, but it can be adjusted to the needs of the mentors and the teams.
Email is the main communication channel.