Accelerator Programme [2022 call closed]
What will you get?
The programme aims to help startups accelerate the introduction of their solutions to the market through:
- Training sessions and business & technical mentoring
- Access to living labs and city representatives
- Access to companies to understand their challenges and best fit their solutions to solve them
- Exposure to relevant stakeholders and visibility within the EIT Urban Mobility community
- Access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments
The E+ Mobility Accelerator proposal is a continuation of the EIT Urban Mobility Hub South Acceleration Programme, with a specific focus into the mobility & energy, micro-mobility and shared mobility thematic fields. Its main objective is to accelerate the introduction of startups-led solutions in the market while helping cities and companies solve their challenges faster and efficiently.
Therefore, the consortium plans to become the seed generator of top European startups within these fields by attracting and selecting proposals that best fit the programme, supporting projects with business and technical orientation, providing access to key players for market and technical validation and connecting and preparing them to build pilots with relevant stakeholders.
- A clear, scalable business opportunity
- A team with minimum 2 members and at least 1 pursuing the startup full time
- Startup must be incorporated in EU or Horizon Europe associated countries
- Founders and employees (e.g. ESOP) should still own more than 70% of shares
- Fit with the energy, micromobility and shared mobility scope
1 March 2022
10 April 2022
2 May 2022
Communication of selected startups
16 May – 16 Decemeber 2022
Execution of the accelerator programme
Selected startups from our batches
You will get redirected to the application platform of EIT Urban Mobility.
You will need to register and validate your account if this is your first time accessing the platform. If you have already created an account, you will need to log in.
Once logged in it is as easy as starting a new application and selecting the program.
During your application you will have to fill in all compulsory fields.
You can save and edit your application until the deadline. Make sure to submit your application before the call is closed.
Please make sure to provide all required information during your application, including that related to your profile and the profile of the startup.
For any technical questions or processes regarding the EIT Urban Mobility application platform please use the chat function or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for the E+ mobility Accelerator programme you will receive:
- Training sessions and business & technical mentoring.
- Access to living labs and city representatives.
- Access to companies to understand their challenges and best fit their solutions to solve them.
- Exposure to relevant stakeholders and visibility within the EIT Urban Mobility community.
- Access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments.
Below you will find a list of eligible European countries
- Southern Europe: Albania, Armenia, Cyprus, France (South), Italy, Kosovo, Malta, North Macedonia, Portugal, Spain
- Central Europe: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Germany (South / West), Italy, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey
- Northern Europe: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany (North), Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland (North), Sweden
- Eastern Europe: Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany (East), Hungary, Israel, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- Western Europe: Belgium, France (North), Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom
Am I eligible for the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme and what are the criteria for startup selection?
To participate in the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme you need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Startups should have received less than 1m EUR revenue (accumulated over startup lifetime).
- No more than max. 5% of your shares are held outside of the eligible countries (no detailed cap table needed).
- Startup must be incorporated in EU or EIT Urban Mobility participating countries. The registration certificate will be required to participate in the program.
- A team with at least 2 FTE (NOT a single founder): minimum 1 team member pursuing the startup fulltime (not necessarily
connected to monetary compensation).
- Founders and employees (e.g. ESOP) should still own more than 70% of shares.
- A clear, scalable business idea.
- Duly justified TRL 4 – 7 (to TRL definition in Horizon Europe – Work Programme 2021-2022 General Annexes B – Elegibility (page 10): wp-13-general-annexes_horizon-2021-2022_en.pdf (europa.eu))