Calls are now open
Is your start-up helping to create liveable urban spaces? Become part of an EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator and get unique access to cities, mobility players and investors.
The EIT Urban Mobility Accelerators consist of seven thematic EU-funded programmes implemented through partners to take early-stage mobility start-ups to the next level. We are looking for early-stage startup-teams with business ideas that reduce congestion and increase efficiency in the transport system. With innovative approaches to make commuting faster or more enjoyable. With concepts to accelerate the transition to low- or zero-emission forms of transport – and with all other possible ideas that help to solve mobility-related problems.
Selected start-ups receive
Who should apply?
We are looking for early-stage start-ups from EU plus EIT participating countries (incl. RIS countries) with a properly validated, clear, scalable and innovative business idea that solves a mobility-related customer problem.
Applicants have to comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- A team with at least 2 FTE. NOT a single founder. Not necessarily connected to monetary compensation;
- START-UP incorporated in EU or EU associated countries according to the official list of countries by the European Union and third countries associated to Horizon Europe. The registration certificate will be required to participate in the program;
- START-UP incorporation date posterior to 31/12/2012.
Applicants should comply with the following criteria:
A clear, scalable business idea;
- Founders and employees (e.g. Employee Stock Ownership Plan, ESOP) should still own more than 50% of shares;
- No more than 10% of your shares are held outside of the eligible countries (no detailed cap table needed);
- Duly justified, preferred TRL 4 – 7, according to TRL definition in Horizon Europe Work Programme 2023 – 2024 (Part 13);
- FIT with thematic accelerator scope
Selected start-ups from our batches
The Application Process:
The 4 Steps to your successful future!
A panel of qualified evaluators will review your application
Preselected startups will be
invited to pitch in front of
The best start-ups will be invited to join the Accelerator programme
To learn more about our current accelerator programmes and the direct links to apply, visit the dedicated pages:
How do I apply to the Accelerator programme?
You will get redirected to the application platform of EIT Urban Mobility.
You will need to register and validate your account if this is your first time accessing the platform. If you have already created an account, you will need to log in.
Once logged in it is as easy as starting a new application and selecting the program.
During your application you will have to fill in all compulsory fields.
You can save and edit your application until the deadline. Make sure to submit your application before the call is closed.
Who can I contact in case of questions?
Do you have general questions related to the Accelerator Programmes and the application process? Please contact: email@example.com
For specific contact details per programme, please check out the FAQ of the respective programme page.
I have a question regarding your application platform. Who do I contact for troubleshooting?
Please make sure to provide all required information during your application, including that related to your profile and the profile of the startup.
For any technical questions or processes regarding the EIT Urban Mobility application platform please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Which countries are “Eligible”?
Below you will find a list of eligible European countries:
- Southern Europe: Albania, Armenia, Cyprus, France (South), Italy, Kosovo, Malta, North Macedonia, Portugal, Spain
- Central Europe: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Germany (South / West), Italy, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey
- Northern Europe: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany (North), Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland (North), Sweden
- Eastern Europe: Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany (East), Hungary, Israel, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- Western Europe: Belgium, France (North), Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom
Where can I find the guide for startups on the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerators eligibility and selection process?
You can find the guide for startups on each of the dedicated accelerator pages and at the EIT Urban Mobility application platform.