Welcome to EIT Urban
Mobility Master School
MSc Future Mobility Markets and Services
Why study Future Mobility Markets and Services at EIT Urban Mobility Master School?
The Future Mobility Markets and Services programme prepares graduates to create and improve new mobility models, logistics strategies and business and digital transformation, with close interaction with relevant stakeholders. Mobility as a Service, Vehicle Sharing, Internet of Things, Micromobility and other new emerging developments are disrupting the mobility ecosystem and new markets and services are envisioned. The programme takes a holistic approach to the study, design, development and evaluation of Urban Mobility Markets and Services and integrates innovation techniques with entrepreneurial skills so that young graduates have the tools they need to implement new ideas. The programme is aimed to educate World-wide leaders in the Urban Mobility Sector.
Who can apply?
Candidates should have a solid foundation in quantitative approaches to solving problems, as demonstrated by a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics or Geoinformation Technology. In addition, the Future Mobility Markets and Services programme also welcomes bright applicants with a BSc in Urban Planning, Geography, Economics, or other disciplines relevant disciplines, provided they have verifiable experience in programming, calculus, linear algebra, and mathematical statistics.
How is the programme structured?
All programmes at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year each at two different universities–the “entry” university and the “exit” university. All options are located at a leading university in Europe in the field of urban mobility.
- Graduating students will be awarded two officially recognised Master of Science degrees, one from each of those universities. Moreover, the programme is designed so that students may attain the qualifications for a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.*
- During the first-year studies, students will be given an introduction to Innovation and Entrepreneurship and participate in an extended Challenge Project. During the same year, students will acquire essential technical skills for working with urban mobility challenges.
- Between the first and second year, students will participate in a Summer School applying new skills to two different cities located in Europe.
- In the second year, students will choose from several more specialised courses in both technical content and innovation and entrepreneurship. Students will also participate in a shorter challenge project that includes an internship at a company or organisation working to meet urban mobility challenges.
- Finally, also in the second year, students will carry out their own master thesis work, combining and demonstrating their full set of technical and entrepreneurial skills.
*Subject to upcoming EIT approval process.
What are the career opportunities?
Career opportunities for graduates of the Future Mobility Markets and Services Master programme are found in both the public and private sectors, across Europe and Worldwide, and encourages graduates to get involved in innovation strategies and business creation. The skills learned in this programme are highly demanded in a broad sense in the fields of, among others, logistics, transport managers, mobility authorities and the automotive sector.
During the master programme experience, students will learn through challenge-driven courses and work with local stakeholders, as well as with larger group of city and industry partners across different parts of Europe, to address real innovation challenges in urban mobility today and in the future.
Future Mobility Markets and Services
2 years, full-time
Hold a Bachelor of Science in… More Information.
Tuition fees & scholarships:
For EU and non-EU citizens. More Information.
Language of instruction:
English. More Information.
- Will open in fall 2020
- More Information.