EIT Urban Mobility is creating a pool of experts to support and project manage our work across cross-KIC portfolio of activities covering mainly innovation, business creation and education. Cross-KIC activities are those activities that aim at enhancing the cooperation and synergies between KICs, at fostering a more inter-disciplinary approach and at creating a critical mass among KICs to tackle topics of common interest.
External experts would be contracted as natural person starting in September until the end of 2020 as external specialists (freelancers) ready to work in these temporary projects. They would assist to the cross-KIC Programme Manager, Innovation Director, and Chief Operation Officer in several tasks such as: monitoring activities and KPIs, reporting to EIT, development of policy and strategy, supporting on the organisation of high-level events with city officials, industry and other KICs.
How to become a registered expert?
An Expert Expression of Interest form and instructions can be downloaded here. Once completed this should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation of receipt. Submission of a completed expression of interest does not guarantee you will be selected, but will enter you into the expert pool. The Expression of Interest will be valid for three years and will then be automatically deleted.
Selection of experts will only be made from within the expert pool.
- Developing cross-KIC activities in coordination with other participating KICs and reporting back to the Cross-KIC Programme Manager
- Monitoring of KPI’s and milestones, reporting to the EIT
- Contribution to the development of policy and strategy for cross-KIC projects
- Contribution to the management of Innovation projects closely related to cross-KIC goals
- Supporting on the organisation of high-level events with city officials, industry and other KICs
Required key skills and experience
- Completed Business or Engineering Masters’ degree or three years of equivalent professional experience. At least 3 years of project management experience in the field of environmental sustainability, urban planning, urban mobility or similar.
- Excellent written and spoken English (corresponding to at least C1 level). Additional relevant Hub community language a plus
- Deep understanding of sustainable mobility and urban development
- Capability, ability and fluency in working with academic, industry and city partners
- Experience from working in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment, a European perspective is considered a plus
- Experience with EU-funded projects will be considered an asset
- Very well-developed communication and management skills
If selected, EIT Urban Mobility staff will contact you mid-August to confirm your suitability and availability. A potential interview may take place at the end of August. The assignments of works would commence by mid September.
Please note that, without exception, staff directly or indirectly employed by EIT Urban Mobility core and project partners cannot be an EIT Urban Mobility expert.
Prior to any work assignment, you will be issued guidelines covering a description of the tasks, duration, location (remote/physical), the remuneration rates EIT Urban Mobility offers for the works to be rendered and reimbursement methods.
You will be issued both a Code of Conduct, including confidentiality, and a Conflict of Interest for each assignment to be reviewed and signed.
Periodically, a call for Expert Expression of Interest will be reopened to maintain an open, transparent and fair selection of experts.
The deadline of the current call for Expressions of Interest is 15 August 2020
Personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation No 2018/1725. For more information please check: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/privacy-policy/
Expert Expression of Interest form and instructions available here.