4-7 June 2023
- The event UITP Global Public Transport Summit will bring together all transport modes, industry authorities and operators, providing valuable input for promoting an active transformation and integrated solutions.
- EIT Urban Mobility, an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, a body of the EU, and its CEO, Maria Tsavachidis will be actively participating in the event.
EIT Urban Mobility will be joining the UITP Global Public Transport Summit. The event brings 15 000 international visitors, 380 exhibitors in a 40 000 sqm exhibition space, around 300 speakers. EIT Urban Mobility will be raising the topics of reskilling and upskilling to support job creation in the sector, greening transports, relationship with cities and the ongoing work on digitalisation.
EIT Urban Mobility is working on various innovation projects through “Living Labs” – allowing for testing new solutions in cities, gathering citizen’s feedback, further adjust and implement on a wider scale the projects. The organisation is also developing a roadmap for mobility data spaces in Europe and on hydrogens, especially its use for the public mobility sector.
EIT Urban Mobility booth will be in Hall 7 – Nº 7E238 – social networking on 6 June at 16pm.
Monday 5 June, 12.00-13.00 “Big and beautiful: Can large entities lead innovation within public transport?” Twilight, Hall 4 – translation available in ES, EN, CAT
This session will focus on the successful innovation strategies led by these larger companies, mainly operators, and the reasons why these entities are considered by some to be risk adverse. Speakers:
- Peter LORD HENDY OF RICHMOND HILL, Chair, Network Rail and Great British Railway Transition Team
- Michael PETER, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Siemens Mobility GmbH
- Karine SBIRRAZZUOLI, Senior Director of Knowledge and Innovation Department, UITP
- Ahmed BAHROZYAN, CEO, Roads and Transport Authority Dubai (RTA)
- Maria TSAVACHIDIS, CEO, EIT Urban Mobility
Tuesday 6 June, 11.30-12.45 “Deploying innovation to enable the electrification of public transport, EIT Urban Mobility” Spotlight Forum A, Hall 7.
Join our panel on electrifying public transport, where experts will share insights on overcoming barriers, success stories of electric urban bus fleets, and innovation in public transport. Hosted by EIT Urban Mobility, featuring experts from Europe’s public and private sectors. Discover decision-support tools and smart EV charging and connect with city mobility stakeholders.
Lluis Puerto, Director of Market Development of EIT Urban Mobility, will be participating.
EIT Urban Mobility signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the international association of public transport (UITP) in September 2022.