EIT Community Booster
Scaling high-impact New European Bauhaus ventures
Are you a startup or scaleup developing innovative solutions that make Europe more sustainable, inclusive and improve citizens' quality of life?
On a mission to foster the New European Bauhaus transformation, the EIT Community is looking for the most innovative ventures driving sustainable change for cities, industries, climate, food, wellbeing and overall quality of life in order to support their business growth and help them become the international gamechangers.
Launched by the European Commission, the New European Bauhaus translates the European Green Deal into a tangible, positive experience in which all Europeans can participate and progress together. With this in mind, the EIT Community Booster is set to identify and support the startups and scaleups integrating the three core dimensions of the New European Bauhaus:
1. sustainability, from climate goals, to circularity, zero pollution, and biodiversity
2. aesthetics, quality of experience and style, beyond funcionality
3. inclusion, from valorising diversity, to securing accessibility and affordability
Apply for the programme offered by the most prominent European innovation communities EIT Digital, EIT Climate-KIC, EIT Food, EIT Manufacturing and EIT Urban Mobility and get the support you need to take your business to the next level!
The 20 best companies will receive acceleration support services worth a total of 1 million EUR. From early-stage teams to mature scaleups, ventures of all levels can get the support they need to boost business growth, raise funding and scale up internationally.
Take your mobility startup to the next level!
EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator takes your mobility startup to the next level, whilst boosting sustainable alternatives for hardscapes as urban spaces, enhancing public realm and/or ensuring universal mobility for everyone as a key enabler for social inclusion.
Get acceleration services and unique access to our network of cities, mobility players and investors with the EIT Urban Mobility program designed to startup teams with business ideas that support our goal of making cities more liveable.
The 4 best startups receive…
Who should apply?
We are looking for startups from EU plus EIT participating countries (incl. RIS countries) with a properly validated, clear, scalable and innovative business idea that solves a mobility-related customer problem.
To take part in the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme, the teams must fulfill the following criteria:
- Growth stage: pre-seed, seed
- Validated technology
- Minimum € 1 billion addressable market
- Startups should have generated less than € 1 million revenue accumulated over startup lifetime
- At least 70% of the company is owned by founders and employees
- No more than 5% of your shares are held outside of the eligible countries
- Startups must be incorporated and based in the EU or one of the Horizon Europe associated countries
- Overall impression (5 points):
- Credibility versus potential investors
- Quality of business concept and clear Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Complete and strong team
- Scalability of the solution (5 points):
- Large target market characterised by exponential growth
- Proven market access and capability to gain market shares
- High Technological Readiness Level (TRL), including market ready products
- Proven traction (scaling company, no early-stage startups)
Fit with New European Bauhaus challenges (10 points):
EIT Urban Mobility will select four startups that focus on tackling one of the following challenges:
- Sustainable alternatives for hardscapes as urban spaces, naturalisation of degraded public areas, green areas, biodiversity, green and blue infrastructures, and urban furniture as assets promoting active mobility, improving citizen well-being, and mitigating heat island effects.
- Enhancement of public realm, accessibility, and interconnection through active modes, to mitigate air pollution and improve physical and mental health.
- Universal mobility as a key enabler for social inclusion. Everyone should be able to move freely within the city regardless gender, race, beliefs, or disability (barrier-free access).
Support your application with a clear description of how your startup fits with the challenges above.
Impact (5 points):
- A relevant pilot project has been outlined or is foreseeable as test beds or within living labs.
- High impact for many citizens (not just a niche product).