Energy and Public Realm
Accelerator Programme [2022 call closed]
What will you get?
Startups joining the Energy and Public Realm Accelerator will benefit from:
- Networking opportunities with investors, cities, industry representatives and other startups
- Access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments
- Six interactive, virtual learning sessions about the following topics: finding product-market fit, KPIs, social media marketing, behavioral marketing, investments and presentation skills
- Individual mentoring sessions with experts from the area of Energy and/or Public Realm
- 2.500€ grant
- In-person events, such as a face-to-face bootcamp
- Access to other networking opportunities with startups from other accelerators
The EIT Urban Mobility Public Realm Accelerator provides support for innovative mobility solutions, focusing on creating a better public space and improving the wellbeing of residents by addressing energy- and mobility-related aspects. These two topics are interlinked, and many early-stage startups contributing to Public Realm come also from the areas of Energy and Mobility.
In addition, changing the Public Realm requires a lot of effort, and Energy and Mobility impacts this transition and contributes to a better space for living. Startups can apply from any of the two thematic areas, their solution does not have to cover both energy and the public realm.
Get more information during a dedicated webinar on 5 April, between 14.00 and 15.00 CET. Register here.
- A clear, scalable business idea
- A diverse team of min. 2 FTEs
- The startup must be incorporated in EU or Horizon Europe associated countries
- Clear impact on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Fit with at least one of the two thematic areas: energy or public realm
1 March 2022
Call for startups open
5 April 2022
Information webinar; register here
10 May 2022
Call for startup closes
2-step selection and evaluation of the applicants
Kick-off meeting with the top 10 startups
In-person bootcamp in Czech Republic
June – November 2022
Six virtual learning sessions
June – November 2022
Individual mentoring sessions
Cross-accelerator demo day
Selected startups from our batches
Startups can participate in 6 interactive learning sessions about the following topics:
- Finding product-market fit
- Measuring KPIs
- Social media marketing, with a specific focus on LinkedIn marketing
- Behavioral marketing, trust-building with customers and investors
- Presentation skills
Generally, learning sessions take place on Friday mornings, and they usually last for 1,5 hours.
Since the learning sessions are organised online, startups are free to invite as many colleagues to the sessions as they wish. Generally, we recommend having 1-3 participants per team.
The mentors and the teams usually meet twice per month, and a session usually lasts for one hour. So altogether, they can meet 12 times between June and November, but it can be adjusted to the needs of the mentors and the teams.
Emails and Slack are the main communication channels.