Accelerator Programme [call closed]
Looking for early-stage startups solving urban mobility challenges in Europe with 5G
What will you get?
- Receive up to 85 hours of coaching services
- Benefit from a 6 months uniquely designed Accelerator programme for 5G technologies
- Be showcased on the Smart Connected Mobility Community. The meeting point of the Mobility Industry.
- Earn tickets to 4YFN 2023, organised by MWC (Mobile World Congress), one of the most influential start-up events in Europe with a specific focus on connectivity.
- Create your Individual Value-Chain Plan to integrate a top-notch networks of startups, key industry players, cities and relevant stakeholders.
- Access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments.
- A clear, scalable business idea
- Startup incorporated in EU or EU associated countries
- FIT with 5G TURBO thematic accelerator scope. Technologies related (but not exclusive) to:
- 5G related technologies and connectivity (5G / 5G NSA, NBIoT, LTE-M)
- Traffic efficiency and traffic management (Speed guidance for traffic lights, green wave, congestion alerts, traffic lights priority for emergency vehicles, etc.)
- Active solutions for road safety (emergency braking alerts, management of vehicle damages, intersection collisions management, dangerous road conditions monitoring and awareness, vulnerable road user’s localisation and communication tools, etc.).
- Infotainment applications
- Smart parking (payment, parking automation, free spots identification, etc.)
- Vehicle-to-everything (V2X)
- Vehicle platooning
- Lane-change assistance.
5G TURBO is one of the thematic accelerator programmes from Business Creation. The 5G TURBO is an EU-funded programme implemented through partners to take early-stage mobility start-ups to the next level. The programme is designed to offer early-stage start-ups from EU and Horizon Europe associated countries.
The 5G TURBO Accelerator will support 20 start-ups working on 5G technologies and connectivity services so that they develop technologies in the field of urban mobility. The 5G TURBO Acceleration programme will have 2 stages. The first 2 months of the programme 20 selected start-ups will receive the programme tailored offer to bring their companies to the next level.
After this initial 2 months, all 20 startups will participate in a Demo Day where the 10 most promising start-ups will be selected to continue with the 2nd stage of the intensive acceleration programme for the next 4 months. By the end of the programme, a final Demo Day event, hosted by Mobile World Capital, will be celebrated to decide the 4 most exciting and successful start-ups to be reccomended for investment.
Do you have any doubts? Check out the recording of the 5GTurbo Webinar and to solve them. In case you still need some more information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 March 2022
23 March 2022
Information webinar. Check out the recording
17 April 2022
27 April 2022
Live pitch session (online)
9 May 2022
Start date accelerator programme
Mid May 2022
Onboarding event (online bootcamp)
1st week of July 2022
1st stage Demo Day (Galicia, Spain)
1st week of July 2022
Selection of the 10 most promising start-ups
Mid September 2022
End of November 2022
2nd stage Demo Day (Barcelona, Spain)
End of November 2022
5GTURBO Programme closure
Selected startups from our batches
You will get redirected to the application platform of EIT Urban Mobility.
You will need to register and validate your account if this is your first time accessing the platform. If you have already created an account, you will need to log in.
Once logged in it is as easy as starting a new application and selecting the program.
During your application you will have to fill in all compulsory fields.
You can save and edit your application until the deadline. Make sure to submit your application before the call is closed.
Please make sure to provide all required information during your application, including that related to your profile and the profile of the startup.
For any technical questions or processes regarding the EIT Urban Mobility application platform please use the chat function or contact email@example.com
If you are selected for the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme you will receive acceleration services offered by the Partners:
- 6-month Accelerator programme
- 1-on-1 Business Coaching/ Mentoring
- Startup Workshops and masterclasses
- 6-months of Co-working Space/ Office Space (only in selected locations)
- Direct access to “Living Labs” and Cities
Below you will find a list of eligible European countries and the Innovation Hub you will be assigned to, based on the location of your startup’s headquarters. If your country has several Partners, you may choose the Partner based on the Partner’s services that will benefit you most.
- South: Albania, Armenia, Cyprus, France (South), Italy, Kosovo, Malta, North Macedonia, Portugal, Spain
- Central: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Germany (South / West), Italy, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey
- North: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany (North), Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland (North), Sweden
- East: Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany (East), Hungary, Israel, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- West: Belgium, France (North), Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom
Am I eligible for the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme and what are the criteria for startup selection?
To participate in the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator programme you need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Startups should have received less than 1m EUR revenue (accumulated over startup lifetime).
- No more than max. 5% of your shares are held outside of the eligible countries (no detailed cap table needed).
- Startup must be incorporated in EU or EIT Urban Mobility participating countries. The registration certificate will be required to participate in the program.
- A team with at least 2 FTE (NOT a single founder): minimum 1 team member pursuing the startup fulltime (not necessarily
connected to monetary compensation).
- Founders and employees (e.g. ESOP) should still own more than 70% of shares.
- A clear, scalable business idea.
- Duly justified TRL 4 – 7*
- Minimum €1bn addressable market.
- Fit with EIT UM Challenge Areas:
- Active Mobility
- Future Mobility
- Sustainable City Logistics
- Mobility and Energy
- Public Realm
- FIT with EIT UM Accelerator programme and full submission of application
*According to TRL definition in Horizon Europe – Work Programme 2021-2022 General Annexes B – Elegibility (page 10): wp-13-general-annexes_horizon-2021-2022_en.pdf (europa.eu)