In order to support the vision of creating more livable urban spaces, EIT Urban Mobility is opening a call for applications for a Business Creation Manager – with preferred location in Helmond – the Netherlands. The Business Creation Manager will be responsible for supporting and developing business creation activities in Innovation Hub West.
The Business Creation Manager is part of the pan-European Business Creation team with the responsibility for Business Creation activities in region West. The Business Creation Manager will work in a matrix organization where s/he reports to the Business Creation Director in Barcelona, whilst supporting the regional Innovation Hub activities under the direction of the regional Innovation Hub Director. The primary focus will be to support equity portfolio start-ups, to scout and evaluate start-ups for investment or for the programmes, and to monitor and develop business creation activities in the region.
This includes the following tasks:
- Support the investment process in scouting, evaluation, and Due Diligence, and negotiating necessary legal documentation.
- Support EIT Urban Mobility equity portfolio start-ups in their growth, specifically identify funding and market opportunities based on warm introductions.
- Participate in the selection jury for EIT Urban Mobility investments, and start-up and scale-up programmes.
- Monitor and deliver KPIs, progress and funding of the region’s business creation programmes, including writing evaluating, and reporting projects.
- Liaise with incubators, accelerators and governmental initiatives aligned with EIT Urban Mobility’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate best practice exchange in business creation, and opportunities to drive Europe-wide take-up of solutions/products/services offered by supported start-ups.
- Support the Innovation Hub Director in developing and strengthening the regional business creation partner network.
- Support the partners in their delivery of business creation activities and coach them in concretizing opportunities for new calls for proposals.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 27 June 2021
Location: the preferred job location is Helmond or Amsterdam, the Netherlands