Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
About the EIT Urban Mobility Academy
Our Academy is a collaborative arena for lifelong learning, helping to build critical capabilities for innovation and transformation. We are training the next generation of urban mobility practitioners, needed by the urban mobility ecosystem of the future. Within the Academy, there are four main areas: the Master School, the Doctoral Training Network, the Education Capacity Building and the Competence Hub (Professional School).
The Academy Competence Hub helps professionals develop their skills and improve their knowledge in all areas related to urban mobility. We leverage EIT Urban Mobility’s unique and growing network of prestigious experts (250+ top European companies, research institutions, consultancies, universities, and cities) to build relevant, trustworthy, and impact-oriented courses, methodologies, and learning communities.
We cover urban mobility through more than 10 different angles, through a technical/technology focus (mobility data/digitalisation, future mobility, infrastructure, etc.), a socio-cultural focus (mobility for all, multimodality, public policy, etc.), and an environmental focus (liveable cities, active mobility, pollution reduction, etc.).
More information on the Competence Hub: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/competence-hub
About the Academy WebTV
Our Academy WebTV media channel is publicly known as “Urban Mobility Explained” (or UMX) and currently consists of a dedicated YouTube Channel, which was launched in August 2022. UMX also host videos that were published in 2020 and 2021 within EIT Urban Mobility’s YouTube Channel. UMX offers a compilation of short videos (1 to 10 minutes) produced on a yearly basis (around 50 videos per year) and then shared on a weekly basis. The aim of the UMX is to connect with a high volume of urban mobility professionals from all sectors and offer them a wide selection of inspirational and educational videos, that provide concise/relevant answers to the questions they face at a professional level.
More information on UMX: https://www.youtube.com/@urbanmobilityexplained
Be part of a team where you will:
- Support the production of new UMX videos, from pre-production (such as identifying new topics/cities/partners, identifying and involving interviewees, finding local video production professionals, preparing interview questions, scouting locations) to production (such as providing assistance on shootings), and post-production (such as reviewing versions produced by local video production professionals, validating the final video version, and archiving it before YouTube publication).
- Develop your project management skills by contributing to build and develop our video database, our project management tools and a new dashboard (PowerBI) which will extract relevant information on the different UMX videos so to better understand the learning needs of our community and improve UMX’s performances/attractivity.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of our UMX YouTube Channel, reviewing thumbnails to make them more attractive; supporting the creation of new thumbnails; drafting (meta-)descriptions of the videos that are published; implementing the enhancements identified by our Digital Marketing Agency and the team; supporting the creation of short videos for other social media; managing the community of viewers; and more generally identifying and exploring new ideas and tools to improve the user experience on UMX.
- Support the planning activities and interactions with internal and external teams/departments: Academy Competence Hub e-courses/a-courses, EIT Urban Mobility Communications, EIT Urban Mobility Innovation Hubs, Digital Marketing Agencies and providers, etc.
- Assist in the identification and sharing of relevant Urban Mobility news items, experts and influencers, so to help further develop UMX and our ability to continually produce fresh and inspiring videos.
- Take part in the different team meetings and activities of the Competence Hub, the Academy and EIT Urban Mobility in general, and contribute to our reporting activities towards EIT.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. She/he will be part of the HQ Academy Competence Hub team and report to the Head of the Competence Hub, with her/his daily activities being supervised by the Competence Hub’s Media Content Officer. We are looking for an intern with a “can do” attitude, hard-working, committed, who is passionate about video/media and about making our cities more sustainable.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, communication, advertising, digital video production, journalism, media, or similar.
- Excellent written and spoken English (C1).
- At least 6 months of work experience in related areas of activities.
- Good communication and project management skills.
- Motivation to work in fast-moving, innovative, and sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Organised and structured, pro-active and hands-on.
- Over 1 year of work experience in related areas of activities.
- Knowledge, or previous experience in producing short videos similar to the ones on UMX.
- Knowledge of the mobility sector and/or urban development.
- Any other EU languages are a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Internship of 6 months initially with possible extension of up to 1 year in total.
- 1450 € monthly gross salary.
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
- Possibility to homework 2 days per week.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona. No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- Be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to do an internship in Spain.
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Spain less than 2 years ago.
- Enjoy their full rights as citizens.
To apply for this internship, please send a full application form consisting of a letter of motivation highlighting how your skills or experience matches the internship requirements and a current curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
Save the files as “Video Production & Digital Marketing Intern – First Name Last Name” in PDF format.
Subject of the email: Video Production & Digital Marketing Intern.
Deadline for Applications: 15 June 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs.
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you.
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us.
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.