Who are we?
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union and Europe’s largest network for transport innovation in cities.
Our mission is to accelerate change towards a sustainable model of urban mobility and liveable urban spaces. We connect public and private actors and provide them with access to markets, talent, finance, and knowledge in four ways:
Using cities as living labs, our industry, research and university partners will demonstrate how new technologies can work to solve real problems in real cities by transporting people, goods and waste in smarter ways.
Join our team and be part of the change!
Be part of a team where you will:
The IT Developer Assistant, under the guidance of the Head of IT and the Software Developer Officer and in collaboration with other departments, will provide support in the following tasks:
- Collaborate in all data manipulation and cleaning-up of the company master data for the ERP transformation project.
- Managing and merging multiple data files without error or data corruption.
- Identify errors (duplicates, inconsistencies, etc) from different data sources.
- Correct records in all systems (SaaS, custom developments, DWH) .
- Perform detailed data analysis using SQL on data in the Single Customer View and other data sources.
- Analyse & manipulate business data.
- Assist with various aspects of the data management process – which may include data input.
- Collecting, tracking and trending projection.
- Forecast data to assist in developing manufacturing supply or production plans for the Med Device business operations.
- Data entry, manipulation, analysis and reporting.
- Maintaining lines of communication with teammates and other internal departments to ensure all data is properly communicated and addressed.
- Presenting data result outputs to partners and management teams as needed.
What you will bring along the way:
An ideal candidate would strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about disseminating knowledge, know-how, good practices and lessons learnt. A strong team player with the ability to navigate a highly complex organisational structure and operational processes of a growing organisation.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance or similar.
- Min C1 level in English: oral and written communication skills.
- Relevant work experience of at least 2 years in similar role;
- SQL Server skills including SQL objects development, performance tuning, data analysis and integration;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to contribute both independently and as part of a team;
- Attention to detail;
- A team player, empathetic and capable of engaging with employees and partners from different backgrounds and cultures, as well as able to work independently;
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the ability to work at different levels;
- A result driven, pro-active and pragmatic working attitude;
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities. Experience in working in a fast-paced environment;
- API management is a plus.
- Any EU Language other than English is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in an international environment with a company culture focused on empowerment, thriving and continuous growth.
- Join a creative and diverse team of highly driven individuals that take out-of-the-box thinking to another level.
- Strike the right Work-life balance: On top of the flexible hours and remote working options and facilities, you will be granted 27 days of paid time-off to rest and re-energize.
- A yearly training catalogue to support your career development.
- A tax benefit powered by Cobee, allowing you to save up to 47% of your personal income tax.
- A Private health insurance.
- Work in a modern, flexible and collaborative workspace with 360 views of Barcelona, located in the iconic Torre Glòries.
Kindly note that this position is based in Barcelona.
This is a permanent and full-time position, with possibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
No relocation expenses are granted.
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in the country of the job location;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
To apply for this position, please download the application template from EIT Urban Mobility website. Complete the four elements of the application:
- Personal contact details;
- An essential criteria checklist;
- A Cover Letter demonstrating how you match the skills defined in the job description – examples should be given;
- A curriculum vitae.
Follow the naming process detailed below:
|Format:||Save your completed application form in one single file in either PDF or Word format.|
|File name:||Name the file according to the model “first name_last name – EITUM_ITDeveloperAssistant”. For example, Joanna Smith would name the file, Joanna_Smith EITUM_ITDeveloperAssistant”.|
|Email title:||The subject field should read “IT Developer Assistant. HR163-2023”.|
|Send to:||Send your completed application to: email@example.com.|
Deadline for Applications: 10 June 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AT EIT Urban Mobility, we value and celebrate diversity in every aspect of life and believe that everyone deserves an equal chance to succeed.
Here we value your talents, skills and experiences, and do not discriminate on any basis –whether it be disabilities or other special needs, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, language, political affiliation, property, marital status or any other irrelevant factor.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and thrive.
DATA PROTECTION DISCLAIMER
Your personal data will be processed with utmost care by the EIT KIC URBAN MOBILITY, S.L. or its subsidiaries.
The said processing will allow us to manage the recruitment of the offered positions, and more specifically:
- to enable you to submit your CV to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with the job vacancies and to eventually contact you;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities similar to the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries.
You can exercise your data protection rights, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may find further information in the full GDPR Compliance privacy note for applicants available here.
 Only qualifications issued by an EU Member State authorities and qualifications recognised as equivalent by the relevant EU Member State authorities will be accepted.